Menu
Bladerunner1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

Just contacted Virgin media regarding my fathers account being upgraded to include broadband. Currently having only phone and basic TV package. He is 94, housebound and Blind. We thought having broadband so he could use the Amazon Echo would be a great present for him until we asked about the extra price for the broadband. His new package would cost him over £50/month.

He uses the phone intermittingly and being blind does not get much from the TV package.

He has been with Virgin media for over 13 years and before that with Ntl when they first arrived in the area. We were put through to Loyalty dept hoping for a possible reduction, so much for loyalty , nothing offered whereas a colleague has just informed me that they had threatened to pull the plug and were offered improved services to stay!!!!

I believe that because my dad has basic package there was no room for negotiation.

So annoyed and frustrated that he cannot experience The Amazon echo at an affordable price.

TV Now looks like a suitable provider even though he has been happy with his stay with Virgin nee Ntl

Come on Virgin Media help us out!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

hiya @Bladerunner1 sadly the forum team don't get involved in loyalty discounts, best having a chat with customer relations choosing option 1 - 5 - 4 (thinking of leaving us) and haggle with them is the best bet
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos