Menu
Fletcherd
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Broadband contract

Hi. I've got to say I'm disappointed.
I have a broadband account and my circumstances have changed. I am now unable to afford the monthly payment and I am tied in for 18 months.
I've been through to five people today and cut off by the 4th one. The lack of empathy is staggering. You will not get another penny from me.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband contract

hiya @Fletcherd welcome to the virginmedia community forum, best having a chat with customer relations choosing option 4 -5 (thinking of leaving us) they deal with complex issues, since with virginmedia you have a contract with them, and if payment isn't made will run into late payment fees, and could effect your credit rating, and if goes further unpaid will be passed to debt collectors.
to get out of contract early you can buy yourself out fees are -> http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-...
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Fletcherd
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've already spoken to them and explained the situation 28 pounds a month or 240 pounds termination fee. I don't have that sort of money just lying around
0 Kudos
Fletcherd
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'll run into debt because I can't afford the monthly fee either
0 Kudos
Fletcherd
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I don't want a stupid badge just want this resolved.
0 Kudos
Fletcherd
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I guess I won't get a reply. All it is from your company is threats and more threats disgusting.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

virginmedia aren't going to write this sort of debt off, to get reply from a forum admin will take around 5+ days, and more than likely advise the same as myself
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Fletcherd
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your understanding I wouldn't have contacted you unless my circumstances hadn't changed. Thanks for nothing.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

your welcome Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fletcherd, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that your circumstances have changed. 

As mentioned by paultechy, we're not able to write termination fees off Smiley Sad

When you joined us, you agreed to the contract term. Leaving us before the end of this term means you're breaking the contract and thus charges apply. 

It may be worth looking to see if you can downgrade the services instead. This could save you money each month, means you can still get a basic level of service and avoid any further debt or charges Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos