Menu
NickBarnes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Only Cost for Existing Customers

I've just had a pretty poor and confusing talk to retentions. I called to discuss getting a better offer due to unacceptably slow Tivo, I was hoping Virgin Media would make it worth my while to stay whilst waiting for the new box to come out. The offer made was very poor in my opinion - VM wanted £200+ per year extra over the same bundle available to new customers - so I decided to cancel all my services except Broadband.

I was told that Broadband-only Vivid 200 would set me back £45.25 per month whilst Broadband + Phone would set me back £45 per month. Looking at VM's broadband-only product page, it shows the cost of Vivid 200 without a phone is £40 per month? I can't see anything stating this is the price for new customers only.

I asked retentions about this and was told it is not listed as £40 on the website, despite it clearly saying so on https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/broadband-only.html !!

I would have preferred to stick with Virgin for TV but £76 vs. £55 for new customers is a little extreme, especially when Sky are offering 60%-75% off for what is currently a far speedier TV service!

Has anyone here moved to broadband-only recently? If so, how much were you charged? Did it match the costs shown on the website?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Only Cost for Existing Customers

Site now working, price after 12 months discount is £45.25
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi NickBarnes

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch about the offer you have had for the broadband only services with us.

I appreciate you posting about this and can see you have also posted about this on the other thread Loyalty discount.

I'll continue to support you there with respect to this. I have sent a pm to you on this thread too.

Thanks again and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nick Barnes said: "I was told that Broadband-only Vivid 200 would set me back £45.25 per month whilst Broadband + Phone would set me back £45 per month. Looking at VM's broadband-only product page, it shows the cost of Vivid 200 without a phone is £40 per month? I can't see anything stating this is the price for new customers only."

Only thing I can notice, it says £40 for 12 months and if you carry on with the order it gives you new a higher price for after 12 months, so the first 12 months maybe new customer discount.

I can't check what price comes up, because the site is still down/playing up.
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Site now working, price after 12 months discount is £45.25
0 Kudos
NickBarnes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM's website is so confusing for existing customers. You shouldnt have to pretend to place an order to see the actual cost. The My Virgin Media section doesnt help either! Thanks for working it out for me.

0 Kudos