Menu
some
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Costs

Just wanted to find out if there's anything I can do about my broadband costs, and if anyone else has had the same sort of problems as I have regarding trying to upgrade and Virgin attempting to rip me off.

I'm currently paying £58 for Vivid 200 + phone. I saw on the website that after the initial 12 month deal, new customers pay £53 for this same service, or £58 for the Vivid 200 Gamer + phone, so I thought I'd try to upgrade.

The website was giving me a price of around £80 which I thought was utterly ridiculous, so I went on the online chat to ask about upgrading and was told they could do me the same deal for £50, the catch being that I'd need to renew my contract for 12 months. Seeing as we've had Virgin here for around 20 years that seemed fine.

I then received an e-mail saying my new package cost was going to be £69, which was obviously a massive surprise since I had been told it would be £50. I went back to the online chat and was essentially told "oops sorry" and told that the cost was indeed £69 with a 12 month contract extension. Obviously that's ridiculous since the "after 12 months" price on the site is £58.

After a little talking the best they could offer me was £58 per month with an extra 12 month contract, which I refused since that's a worse deal than you get after your initial 12 months as a new customer.

Is it normal that Virgin will give you one price then fraudulently try to charge you another? All I'm trying to get is the price that's stated on the website since 12mbit is a little bit of a pathetic upstream for a 200mbit package, so I figured 20mbit would be a lot better. Instead all they've done is annoy me and waste my time.

0 Kudos
some
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Costs

So I tried getting in touch again after contacting Sky for a quote, which is actually much much cheaper. This time I tried Facebook. Had a really patronising guy reply to me being extremely flippant and completely ignoring the issue at hand. Essentially nobody at Virgin seems to care about customer retention, nor about helping customers in any way whatsoever.

It's just so frustrating because it seems entirely illogical to lose a customer and potentially many more due to word of mouth, rather than simply match offers that are available to other customers. Completely mad.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Some

Thanks for getting in touch with us, not great to see how things have been for you while trying to sort out a new deal with us. I can understand the frustrations this may cause and I'm sorry to hear how the experience has made you feel. 

We've got some great offers which are available for our existing customers - You would always be best to give us a call on 150, free from any Virgin Media line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line. 

The guys on the phone will be happy to help and review your account to ensure you're on the best price for the services you want. 

If you need anything else you know where we are. 

Cheers

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
some
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure if you read my post? Nobody will help me. The solution to "your customer service team won't give me a good price" isn't to ask me to contact your customer service team and ask them for a good price. I've already done that.

0 Kudos