Menu
BGD76
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Contract

Hi, I am after some advice please about my contract. My 12 months contract of 50mb Broadband only is now over (it was over in may 2016). I chose to upgrade to 70mb for the same price. Anyway I have noticed online the price for a new 50mb Broadband contract is only £28 (about that), so I am wondering do Virgin allow you to cancel the monthly rolling contract and start a new 12/18 month contract for a cheaper price that is being advertised?

Thank You...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Contract

In the past broadband only deals tended not to have discounts available to them, it would just list the base price and nothing more. However, the current broadband only prices do factor in new customer discounts on the store page. The price you're seeing of roughly £28 is a new-customer discount rate, not an existing-customer rate. You'd pay £32.25 an existing customer, without any loyalty discount ("£27 a month for 12 months Then £32.25 a month.")

So yes you could recontract to 50Mb, but you wouldn't get the new customer rate of £27 a month, rather, £32.25 a month. Since you don't seem to mind recontracting you could ask for a loyalty discount which would save you about £7 a month on your broadband only deal. The discount would run for 18 months and recontract you for only 12 months of that.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos