Menu
matbln1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Breach of contract

Hi all - I joined Virgin around 5 months ago. They werent able to provide me the contractual promised landline. After lots of complaining they promised me to be able to do so soon, and if not, that I can cancel my contract.

After giving them until now i wanted to cancel my contract with them since they still havent provided me with the landline. They now want to charge me with 240 pounds to get out of contract despite them breaching the contract quite obviously.

What is the best way to approach this or do I need to go to court and to the media with this?

Thanks for the feedback

0 Kudos
Tudor
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Breach of contract

Did you get it in writing or a recording of the phone conversation? If not I do not think you will have much luck, because some of the telephone people promise the earth and never deliver probably knowing you will never be able to prove it.

It is always best to record these conversations, but to be legally safe you must advise VM that you are making a recording of the conversation. I have also heard, but not in relation to VM, that just saying you are going to record the conversation makes for a lot less b*llsh*t.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is the landline stated in your contract? If it is you will need to ring up again, and speak to cancellations and be quite forceful with them on the matter (ring up during office hours so you are less likely to get offshore)

£240 is the max EDF they can charge, which is why it's been stated to you. If you don't have any mention of landline in your contract though you seem pretty screwed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi matbln1

Many thanks for dropping by with your contract query and thanks for taking the time to join us on the community too.

I appreciate this has been an ongoing issue and I am sorry to hear we have been unable to connect the phone for you in a more timely manner.

Since you have posted to us on the forums one of the complaints team advisors has responded to your complaint regarding the above in a letter sent on the 24th Feb.

There they have advised you what we are able to do in this situation for you as a customer in line with our Terms and Conditions.

Please let us know if you need any further support with this or anything else.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Karen_A wrote:

Hi matbln1

Since you have posted to us on the forums one of the complaints team advisors has responded to your complaint regarding the above in a letter sent on the 24th Feb.

There they have advised you what we are able to do in this situation for you as a customer in line with our Terms and Conditions.

Which will not override consumer law if VM have failed to comply with their side of a contract.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You'll have to say which part of the contract they've breached.

Most of it is covered in "up to"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos