Menu
zed1973
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Black mailed by virgin customer services

A few weeks ago I was told by customer service's that my contract would end on the 30th of October. Today I decided to cancel my DD's at the bank and start shopping around for a better deal. I rang customer service several times to see if they can match any deal that I had found. After several attempts I finally spoke to someone and I'm being told the contract ends in January and that I have no choice but to pay up or I will have bad credit history. The last person aapologised for the wrong information. They are blackmailing me and accept me to pay around £33 for broadband and a phone line. Anyone else had this issue!!! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Black mailed by virgin customer services

What date does your contract actually say?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

if the contract does end in january then that is the legal end date. if a customer advisor makes a mistake by saying it ends 3 months earlier than it should, that doesn't count i'm afraid. there is no blackmail going on, just incompetence. assuming the contract does end in january then you are paying what is due . nothing more nothing less.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am rather bemused by the emphasis that is always put on contracts, i.e. that they are legal documents which bind the customer.

In my case it would appear that my contract is not worth the paper it is printed on as no-one can agree what it actually means. I have had several different explanations of it from various members of VM staff, none agree with each other or the contract and the contract does not agree with the bill I have recently received.

Is that legal? What exactly am I bound to then?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos