Menu
basement
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bills

I got an email telling me my bill was due on the 10th of this month which was no problem. Then for some unspecified and bizarre reason the money was taken on the 30th of last month, well I say it was taken, but I actually mean it would have been had there been money in the bank account to take it from. So about a week later I get an email telling me my bill needed to be brought up to date, or more specifically two bills need brought up to date (I assume the one owed and the current month). I was a little taken aback when I realised my usual bill of £85~ (doubled because of the two months, and including the late fee and phonecalls) somehow equated to £200~, but hey if it's owed it's owed so I paid both months on the 9th, 5 days ago. Now imagine my surprise when I received a letter this morning telling me my DD had been cancelled (a bit premature I thought considering this is only the second time in X many years I've missed a payment before settling the bill) because I hadn't brought my account up to date, more odd was the fact I had paid it on the 9th and this letter was dated the 10th. Even more bizarre was when I went to re-add my DD and checked my current bill which I was told needed brought up to date (again), not to the tune of the £200~ I paid 5 days ago, but for that amount plus £10 on top (again I have to assume this is for a late payment which basically doesn't exist) however when I checked I was informed I had only paid £100~ of the previous bill and not £200~ with £100~ remaining still and then I thought maybe I had made a mistake and only paid £100~ instead of £200~, but sure enough both my bank statement and confirmation email from Virgin state I paid the £200~.

So I seem to be either in a perpetual state of paying £200~ for an £85~ bill monthly or some mistake has been made, not by myself, but I'm the one being punished for it regardless. If the additional £100~ (which has already been paid) is still hanging over why did I bother paying it? From my side it seems like I've been saddled with an additional £100~ charge every month that's impossible to get rid of.

Believe me I know how difficult this is to understand, but if someone can sort this quandary out for me I would very much appreciate it. I would be even happier if it can be sorted out without the need for multiple phone calls and hoop jumping over something I'm not even responsible for.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
basement
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bills

Bump.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bumping does not help the posts are reviewed in date order all we're doing sadly is delaying he time it takes for a staff member to view, it can take a few days for that to happen
0 Kudos
basement
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I never realised that before. Thanks for letting me know though.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi basement,

Thanks for your post and apologies for all the confusion surrounding your billing and payments.

We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos