Menu
Christoff522
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Billing issue

Okay, basically I had my bill come in, and I decided to pay it early. So I went onto the website and made a payment of exactly the right amount. so my account was up to date and had the money in. However Virgin then tried to take the money out via direct debit. This bounced. Anyway, I've paid the exact amount but on my billing it says I'm overdue the payment.

Whats going on?

Anyway it's late and only just noticed this which is why i've written this here and not rung up over the phone.

If anyone could go onto the system and help that would be great, save me time on the phone tomorrow.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing issue

Christoff522 wrote:

Okay, basically I had my bill come in, and I decided to pay it early. So I went onto the website and made a payment of exactly the right amount. so my account was up to date and had the money in.
The payment would have already been requested by DD when you went to do the quickpay, so the quickpay came too late. It is a time sensitive thing. Quickpays done after the point VM have set in motion a payment via DD go ignored until the next bill, at which point the credit in the account will be acknowledged. Quickpay in after you have paid one bill, but not after a new bill has been produced - to avoid this.

However Virgin then tried to take the money out via direct debit. This bounced. Anyway, I've paid the exact amount but on my billing it says I'm overdue the payment.
The quickpay amount wasn't on in time, so the system didn't try to take the payment from there.

Anyway it's late and only just noticed this which is why i've written this here and not rung up over the phone.
You'd need to call in/live chat in and ask Virgin Media to manually take the payment from the credit which is now on your billing account.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Christoff522
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, a new bill has been issued now so it's all cleared up. I won't bother quickpaying this time. I was just trying to get it out of the way, I'll just let my direct debit go out as normal instead - its easier! Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
hippiepunk
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

had same knew money wouldnt be in for direct debit so girlfriend paid with credit card only to find out had taken out of bank 4 days early costing me bank charges and interest on card, why give a date and not stick by it sure if i was late would be chasing me!!!! Also when said month free as good will gesture  but suddenly virgin broke and too much to give even though gonna cost me nearly 40quid in charges, so much for great customer care they talk about. WILL change suoolier straight after Xmas as expect more when never owed them one penny always paid on time thought was doing right thing but will now cancel direct debit and pay when im ready see what bad customer service gets them!  IF was a regular bad payer may agree with their stance but not been but does show how much they REALLY value our custom tight fisted wastes of time. WOULD have always recommended them before this but never again and all 3000 plus facebook friends, twitter and other social media sites will all know how they value our money but not us as customers esp at Xmas now £100 short so ruined that for me and my family aswell. THANKS FOR YOUR LACK OF HELP AND YOUR LACK OF CARING ABOUT OUR CUSTOM MEANS NOTHING TO THEM UNLESS PAY LATE!!!!!  HOPE THEY ALL HAVE A GOOD XMAS AS MINE RUINED NOW PLUS HAVE FAMILY MEMBER WITH TERMINAL CANCER, DAYS TO LIVE CANT EVEN AFFORD TO SAY GOODBYE NOW BEFORE LIFE SUPPORT SHUT OFF HOPE MAKES THEM FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES AND LIES THEY TELL!!!!!!!   FURIOUS

0 Kudos
hippiepunk
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

GLAD YOURS SORTED SO ATLEAST YOU CAN HAVE A GOOD XMAS MINESRUINED AND HAVE A FAMILY IN TEARS BECAUSE OF VIRGINS ACTIONS

Christoff522 wrote:

Thank you, a new bill has been issued now so it's all cleared up. I won't bother quickpaying this time. I was just trying to get it out of the way, I'll just let my direct debit go out as normal instead - its easier! Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos