Menu
dtheb1974
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Billing /credit limit... due to sales admin error / no Direct Debit being set up

HI. New to VM and not having much fun dealing with them (never mind the installation and dreadful salesman!).

We are hooked up to vivid 200 and the service is fine.

BUT:

Still havent seen my correct contract and no d/debit was set up as agreed.

So, i get a late payment charge and now have a "credit limit" being imposed... because of the above (even though I paid the day I knew I didnt have a DD).

Can't seem to get through to anyone - and the salesman now says its "out of his hands" and i should speak to VM (who he works for!). I have now set up my DD online but want this black mark removed (with VM and any credit agency), the late fee/payment charge returned and perhaps an apology. 

Is there anyone / exec level support who can help? Frankly, I am so fed up I'd like to exit and return to BT (as I havent signed a contract, do I have an out?).

Any ideas gratefully recieved. Do VM monitor this forum?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Billing /credit limit... due to sales admin error / no Direct Debit being set up

hiya @dtheb1974 welcome to the virginmedia community forum, yes this forum is monitored by virginmedia but can take around 5+ days to get reply, with your situation best having a chat with customer relations choosing option 1 - 4 - 5 (thinking of leaving us) they deal with complex issues.
The credit limit is standard on (as far as i know) all residential accounts, to stop people going crazy ordering mass amounts of PVP (Pay Per Views) etc... so wouldn't be a black mark not having a DD on your account. but i would advise checking your credit report just to make sure.
As for getting out of contract depends on how long you've been with virginmedia from the T&C's
‘cooling off period’
the fourteen (14) day period in which you are legally entitled (with no requirement to give us a reason) to cancel your order for the services from the latest of (i) the day after the delivery of the equipment, (ii) the service start date or (iii) receipt of the terms and conditions for the services.
http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html#3

hope this helps
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Billing /credit limit... due to sales admin error / no Direct Debit being set up

hiya @dtheb1974 welcome to the virginmedia community forum, yes this forum is monitored by virginmedia but can take around 5+ days to get reply, with your situation best having a chat with customer relations choosing option 1 - 4 - 5 (thinking of leaving us) they deal with complex issues.
The credit limit is standard on (as far as i know) all residential accounts, to stop people going crazy ordering mass amounts of PVP (Pay Per Views) etc... so wouldn't be a black mark not having a DD on your account. but i would advise checking your credit report just to make sure.
As for getting out of contract depends on how long you've been with virginmedia from the T&C's
‘cooling off period’
the fourteen (14) day period in which you are legally entitled (with no requirement to give us a reason) to cancel your order for the services from the latest of (i) the day after the delivery of the equipment, (ii) the service start date or (iii) receipt of the terms and conditions for the services.
http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html#3

hope this helps
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
dtheb1974
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. Very helpful and reassuring. I'll give them a call but have dropped a couple of senior people an email detailing the saga - as I don't have the time during he day to stay on hold for 15 mins.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi dtheb1974, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us. 

Apologies that your journey hasn't started very well Smiley Sad 

paultechy is correct here. A credit limit is placed on all new residential accounts but this doesn't affect your actual credit rating. We would only leave a mark on your credit report if we've received no payment from you at all and it's been passed to collections. If we're still not able to recover money owed we'd register a default. 

In terms of the late payment charge, this is charged when a 2nd bill is generated without the first bill being paid so we wouldn't be able to refund this for you. Customer Services may be able to depending on the reasons why the Direct Debit wasn't set up. 

Give them a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

If there is anything else we can advise on, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos