Menu
anshul26
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Bill raised from £24.99 to £40.00

I signed up for virgin media landline and internet in January2016. For the whole year I was paying line rental of £24.99. But this month came as a shock as the same line rental was raised to £40.

I am told by customer service that I was on a 18 months contract and it was half price for 12 months hence i was paying less. Now I have to pay £40 for next 6 months. I have signed this contract but the issue is I didn't understand the contract fully when I signed. I think it was kindoff mis sold to me by the rep in Barking mall. Its so annoying its the most expensive service in town now. Also, i never paid half price for the first 12 months.

Any suggestion how can i sort it out?

0 Kudos
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill raised from £24.99 to £40.00

The short answer is you have to pay it, you agreed to the contract so you are bound to it, if you cancel it you have to pay any remainder service fees up to the end contract date as well as the early disconnection fee.

Virgin Media sales reps are well known for miss selling contracts & giving people unclear contract terms when 1st joining, that's how they like to con people, I was told I'd have a permanent customer discount, which at 1st was honoured until a few months in when they came up with some nonsense like "you wasn't supposed to be given for that long" then they terminated it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill raised from £24.99 to £40.00

you could have a chat with retentions but if thats what you signed then you have little to argue about - not understanding it is not a reason

if you were to change your package then they may find a different deal which may be cheaper - the disadvantage with that is that it would start a new contract - but if you are happy with the service that may offer lower prices

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos