Menu
Socko136
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Bill query

Good Afternoon

I recently signed up to Virgin Broadband after having a magazine pushed through the door from Adam (phone number provided).

I called him up and he came round to sort out our broadband. He used his tablet and went straight onto USWITCH. After discussing and agreeing with him the details. The contract also had an installation fee of £40 which he said he would make sure we don't have to pay as it was free. I signed up everything which I am totally happy with. After we had signed up he made sure his details were used to gain his commission.

However, I have just received my first bill of £104.99 which still includes the £40 installation fee. I tried calling Adam (if that was his name) and to my horror the phone number provided was not in use anymore.

Is there anything you can do regarding this, as I feel that I have been conned
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill query

The first bill can be up to double your normal amount because VM bill in advance ( not excluding if you were given the wrong monthly price.) That aside, a credit (CR) should have been applied to cover the installation cost. If you're looking to speak to someone UK based about the billing matter then ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 then Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> From the main menu go with Option 4 -> Option 5. This is staffed between 8AM to 8PM M-F and 8AM to 6PM Sa. Otherwise, use the Billing option from the main menu (option 1.)

Billing matters can't be resolved via the community here.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos