Menu
ColDavison_NE
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bill price increased when it shouldn't have.

When we signed up to Virgin media (salesman came to our home) we were assured that our monthly bill was going to be £26 a month (for 50mb broadband, phone line, tv package m) and that I was a rolling contract and any deals we had on the account would continue to roll on.  This would be our price for however long we had our service through Virgin Media.  I asked the salesman no less than 3 times if this was correct and if we stay with the same package our bill would remain the same and each time he replied YES.  

A few months down the line our bill has suddenly jumped up to £45.48 (without any notice).  Our package still remains the same and we have made no purchases through Virgin media which would add any costs to our bill.

Now, if the salesman had lied to us just to get us as a customer then it makes the contract "Null and Void" as its not the terms we agreed to when he was signing us up.  It also can lead to further action as obtaining custom via deception is against the law.  The thing is I am aware of several people in my area who also signed up to Virgin Media under the same deal with the same sales person and they too have had a big jump up in their bills.  

Are Virgin Media now resorting to deceiving potential customers just to get them to sign up.  Do they think that this type of thing is acceptable.  We sure as hell do not think it is acceptable and if we do not get this resolved we will be cancelling our contract effective immediately (which we can do as Virgin Media will have in essence breached their own contract terms which were agreed too).  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill price increased when it shouldn't have.

What does your contract say?

ColDavison_NE
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Contract says £26.99 a month (+plus other fee's of £2.20 for paper billing and payment handling) and this pricing is for the duration of the contract.

0 Kudos
KellyJones-88
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm having this issue.
Salesman (CONMAN) came into my parents home. Promised the price would be £27.99 for the first 9 months then it would be £40 something for the last three months. Well it has NEVER been this price!!! I am absolutely infuriated I feel sick that my parents are getting ripped off.
Absolute scum of the earth ########### who came to their house and told them this price. My Mum asked about 6 times "Will it definitely be this price" and he told them absolutely.

I have since contacted this man and have had no reply. Scumbag.

I was there when this happened, my Dad is a pensioner, retired and in ill health. My Mum is a Nurse who works her backside off but unfortunately is in ill health also. This is just adding a tremendous strain on them and I am disgusted in Virgin and the way my parents have been treated.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

ColDavison_NE
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Im sorry that this is happening to your parents also.  I contacted Virgin media today to try and resolve this issue and I was basically called a liar and when I asked for the persons name I was speaking too as I was going to make a formal complaint they hung up on me.  I have also tried to get in contact with the sales person who signed us up and he is not replying to any emails or msgs.

I hope that you get your situation resolved.  If mine does not I shall be contacting the Telecommunications Ombudsman to take this matter further.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

ColDavison_NE
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virgin media, just a quick update on the situation.  As an apology from virgin media I have had my package adjusted so the monthly bill will be almost £20 less a month, Credited my account so this months bill will just be £10 and increased my broadband speed.

They are also reporting the sales person and looking into the possibility of fraud. They want this dealt with as soon as possible as are concerned about the number of other people he may have signed up with the same information as it could result in a lot of negativity towards Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ColDavison_NE, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even if the circumstances are not as good as we'd want Smiley Sad

I'd also like to thank you for taking the time to update the thread, letting us know things are resolved for you. 

We do take reports such as this very seriously and if we can resolve things we do. 

If you have any further queries or questions, please let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos