Menu
KellyJones-88
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Bill price INCREASE. Should be set price!!!

I would love if someone could help me.

My parents (elderly) around 4 or 5 months ago had a man named Michael Clarke come to their house to sign them up to Virgin Media. They were leaving Sky and needed a new broadband and TV supplier.

This man visited the house and offered my Parents this amazing fantastic deal of Phone, TV and Broadband for £27.99 per month for 9 months. It would then go to £40 something a month for the last three months of contract. (12 month contract).

My Mother (having been ripped off by conmen in the past) was worried this wouldn't be the case and asked this (con)man several times, "Is this the right price" "Are there any hidden charges" etc. This (con)man assured her the price would not change this IS the price for 9 months going up for the last three. Hesitantly they signed up for it. (No judgement, they are kicking themselves anyway)

Needless to say the amounts that have come out of my Father's bank account have never ever been £27.99. Always more and sometimes quite a lot more. Certainly a lot for him being his is in ill health and he is retired.

Why and HOW can Virgin justify this?? My Father has called them every month and has been fobbed off with some stories from whoever he has spoke to! He's tried to cancel the direct debit but the bank would not let him. No idea why as I have always been able to do it on my bank!

I am absolutely disgusted and I will not rest until my Parents are refunded and this awful service cancelled.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill price INCREASE. Should be set price!!!

Have you reviewed your parents' bills to identify why the price is not what they expected?

There was a general price increase for all customers in November. This was advised to all customers and is within the contract terms and conditions.

Have your parents made any phone calls or purchased any pay per view items not covered by their contract?

All of this can be identified if you review their bills.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill price INCREASE. Should be set price!!!

Hi KellyJones-88, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you've had getting things explained to you. 

I think the best thing to do here would be to take a look at the documents the sales rep gave your parents when they signed up. This will detail what was offered and the cost. 

Compare this with the bills via My Virgin Media to see where the difference lays. 

Once we know what we're looking at, we can help. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos