Menu
PenguinsMatter
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Bill OverCharge

Long and short of it - i'm being overcharged £2.48 monthly on my bills and can't get the customer service team to do anything about it, despite "managers" looking at the account and eventually agreeing with me.

I rang last month about my package charge and was told I was wrong about the price I was stating it was - it was lower. They gave  me a refund for the difference.  Having received my bill this morning I'm still being charged the higher package charge, therefore I'm being overcharged again.

So angry about this as I'm having to phone each month to sort it out - waste of my time when it's a simple thing they could sort by the press of a few buttons.

Any advice on how I get through to Virgin Media Account Services to put my bill back to what it should be?

Thank you.

d1ck
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill OverCharge

penguinsmatter,

you need to call 150 and wait the 40 mins plus with a cuppa,relaxing when you hear the music stop select the option of cancelling , then speak to someone about your issue ,get diverted to an accounts person [ important this bit ] as they have the authority to do deals ,give refunds and as I have found out tonight give a refund of 2x £16.75  which has been overcharged the past two months , cancel next months £46.50 completely and cut my broadband service tonight in the next 2 hours , with no notice to give and apologised for the problems I have had .  saying it  should never have happened. I HAD THE OPTION IN THE CONVERSATION TO STAY ,but RIGHTLY chose to cut my losses and get the HELL out !  But do what suits your circumstances.

I heard about the price increases [nothing new there] and after 21 years with ntl who I signed on the dotted with decided to quit, so I gave 30 days notice by ntl landline 2 nd oct 16  last dd to pay 23 rd nov 16 , PEACE AT LAST .... God how nice things look ....so much brighter ...HOW WRONG ...   this sucks...   got a call from ntl to stay                                                                                                           

told them sky £18.50 / month 17 mb unlimited broadband inc line rental £50 cash back 12mnths

we will match that £18.75 / month 40mb no land line no cash back but need to say now

said I would stay so it was done 5 oct 16     to save messing about ? god knows...

ntl landline was cut off within two hours even though it was payed till end of November

gone back on their word have payed full amount for phone eve weekend calls £46.50/m

for 40mb broadband only with bill to pay on 23 dec 16 of £46.50

something made me take out sky s offer 20 th oct 16   instinct maybe. I ntl

they said the call was free     I replied they had cut my phone off and sky

would charge me to call ntl.   ntl said bin the ntl router as it was worthless.....

I was told there was a fault on my line I had not been cut off

next sentence told me I had been cut off and knowingly charged for it

they had an internal memo about the offer of £18.75 /month

I asked if they cut the phone off for spite  and slowed my broadband

down as emails wouldn't load up     this was denied 

I was asked 1 last time if I WOULD STAY  at the agreed terms as before..

COME ON ,,,,,...........................

hope you get sorted                                and yes penguins do matter  as well as my sanity.

ps.  will de upgrading  my sky  package v soon    sky sports hd +

take care   Rich.

0 Kudos
PenguinsMatter
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill OverCharge

Thank you for your response.  Was on the phone to a foreign land when I read your message.  Apparently when I moved from England to Scotland I had given notice to quit my Virgin Media in August.  As the price increase information came out in September, because I'd been taken off the 'mailshot' I didn't receive the notice of the increase.  However it was still automatically applied to my account.

My account has been credited with the price difference for the 12 months however the person I spoke to asked me to confirm that I would not raise this issue / complaint again as this would be a one off as I hadn't received the price increase information.

It's sorted for now, but lets say I will be considering my options when they 12 month period is ending.  There may be more lucrative deals with another company

d1ck - sounds like you've had a pretty rough time and really do hope you get a resolve without too much hassle and your sanity is saved.  All the best.

0 Kudos