Menu
stuart1077
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bill Increase

Definitely starting to think these prices are getting a joke. We only have super fibre 70 and the fun TV bundle. Our monthly bill will is now around £50 quid . If I was a new customer I would have super fibre 100 and the same package for less and that comes with the TiVo box instead of this v+ box we currently have . I have no need for any more speed for my usage and also not to bothered about a TiVo box but 50 quid for what we have is stupid. Contacted virgin on the last increase and was giving a measly £2 or something like that off for a limited few months but yet another increase in a year . Wish my wages got the same kind of increase yearly. Been with virgin for a good few years now but looks like it's time to start looking around. Web chat for current customers would also be nice instead of just for new people looking to sign up . If it is there then it's not for me vanishes from the screen when I sign in to virgin media so guess I'll have to waste more money to call them up as I don't have a virgin phone.

0 Kudos
adecooper
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill Increase

Call retentions and say you're leaving. Should get a better deal than a new customer
0 Kudos
wilson_campbell
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My experiences over the last couple of weeks have been that they do not want to retain loyal customers. Retention's are just not interested anymore and will not match other companies. For some reason staff have been given very little to help retain loyal customers. I have been loyal for 16 years and have now been forced to go with another company.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi stuart1077

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the pricing for your services.

I am sorry to hear that you are thinking of leaving us as a result of the price increases. It would be great if you could contact us via phone on 150 or 0345 454 1111 for our teams to speak to you about this.

I can see that you do have an older package with us so there will be options to tailor the package to your needs and this may mean that the overall pricing would be a better value package for you.

Just keep us posted and let us know if this is sorted for you when you call Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
dbrowne88
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It would appear they don't seem to be interested in retaining their current loyal customers. I also got an increase in my monthly cost, without any notice (although Virgin have argued otherwise). This, along with a few previous increases, now have put my bill up to £70 from around £55 last year. I spoke to the team about this, and were adamant they informed me of this (which I can assure you they did not). 

They claim this increase is so they can maintain their high service levels, however in the past number of months, I have suffered a drop in connection, speed and have had issues even their engineers couldn't figure. Despite all this, Virgin just said they were sorry that I was considering leaving, and that was it. No attempt to retain my custom at all.

0 Kudos
stuart1077
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well phoned virgin media today went to the thinking of leaving selection on the call options and stated pretty much what I have here . Conversation was pleasant I did get my bill reduced I had to drop down a TV package but only lost channels we never or rarely watch so no real loss there , and if I'm honest not alot different to when I signed up to virgin as over the years the TV packages have changed as there was only the choice of 3 size TV packages then. So now on mixed TV . I have also got a TiVo box being dispatched for Saturday with free activation. The total I will be paying now is £40 for the first 6 months going up to £43 for the following 6 months broadband speed is the same. So have saved myself roughly £10 pound a month from the £51i would have been paying from the new increase . Only downside is its reset my contract and the small loss of 50 none important channels so much happier now. Will review how things are after the 12 months if the bill suddenly increases up alot again.Thanks for all your advice

0 Kudos