Menu
Gdds
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Bill Charges Are Incorrect - please sort this!

Hi

I use a calling card from TESCO to phone my family in Brazil in which everytime I use them, I actually need to type a pin code.

I top up this service as I go so it is not related to Virgin whatsoever.

Turns Virgin is charging for this call, as if I was phoning London (where the tesco service is sabed).

Now this is wrong, as I top up the calling card, and type my PIN every time.

Please remove these charges from my bill or I shall cancel my contract with Virgin and seek assistance with Citzens Advice. More than half of the charges are coming from this.

Thanks

Grace

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill Charges Are Incorrect - please sort this!

Hello Grace,

Just to let you know I have replied to your private message.

Unfortunately calling cards are out of our control so I would recommend contacting the company that has provided this to you because unless it's a free number then there usually is a charge.

Tesco should be able to give you more information regarding this number so please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gdds
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

Tesco says the chargea were made by virgin therefore virgin should remove these charges. You can dial the number and you will ser that it is for a dialing card that I top up to use and there almost 40 pounds being charged.
How are we going to sort this?
Kind regards
Grace
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

As far as I can see, these charges made by Virgin Mobile are correct.

From Tesco's site:

Are there any additional charges or surcharges?

If you call from a public payphone in the UK, there is a 90p surcharge PER MINUTE to cover charges imposed by the payphone operators, as of 10th September 2014.
If you call the 0800 097 2468 Access Number, there is a 1p surcharge PER MINUTE to cover charges imposed on us by operators.
If you call the Access Number from a mobile phone, some mobile operators may charge you to call 0800 Numbers or 0845 Numbers, so it is generally cheaper to call the 0330 or 0208 Access Number and use your bundled minutes (if you are on a plan). If you are on a PAYG rate or out of bundle minutes, then you will be charged your network landline rate. Please check with your mobile network provider to get the correct rate.
If you call any Access Number from a hotel phone, we have no ability to influence additional call charges imposed by the hotel itself. Please check with your hotel on these charges prior to making a call.

0 Kudos
Gdds
Joining in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It was not virgin mobile the charges are in my landline

I will then ask to cancel my services with Virgin and go back to my previous provider as this has never happened before I was never charged for calling through a call card ever

Thanks I should be requesting everything tomorrow
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

what was the access number you used?
0 Kudos
Gdds
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

0208 0972 468 Tesco international calling card. I have phoned from a landline before many many times but not virgin and this has not happened it is absurd
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

do you have a call package or just standard phone line. if you have no call packages you will be charged for the call at the standard rate
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Gdds
Joining in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I pay a package but this has been asked before Virgin should not charge calls to a phone card I pay twice then and thats it? Pay for the calling card and Virgin charges on top of that. A bit much and put off as well I guess I should have never changed providers. But thanks.
0 Kudos