Menu
Dottylottie
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bereavement Team and cancelling accounts

Nightmare!!

My father passed away in October 2016 and I rang Virgin - took ages and ages to get through and had to dance through many hoops - finally spoke to somebody and got dads account transferred to me whilst we were selling his house (I was there on and off to help clear the house and needed internet so I could work at the same time). Told them it was temporary and they said that was fine. Rang them again in February to cancel the account  - again same nightmare getting through - but the chap cancelled the account in cancellations and I thought that was that. Then I get a bill!! Rang them today and got put through to one of their off shore teams who listened to me, checked the account and confirmed it should have been disconnected and that the bill does not need to be paid, BUT wait for it.....she was not able to cancel and I had to be put through to Cancellations. She puts be through to the Bereavement team and i wait and wait and wait and then an automated voice tells me they are busy and to leave my phone number. Are Virgin thieves? I have no intention on paying this bill and no faith they will call me back. Where do I go from here? There ought to be a DIRECT PHONE NUMBER for customers needing to sort out situations like this. Bereavement is painful enough as it is without these jokers adding to it. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bereavement Team and cancelling accounts

Sorry to hear you've had so many issues with what should be a straightforward request.

I'm going to escalate this for you direct to staff so they can get in contact with you. It may well be after the weekend before you hear from them, but they WILL be in touch.

Kind Regards

Kippies

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dottylottie

I am so sorry to hear that you have had issues trying to get in touch with our teams and apolosise for any upset this situation has caused to you.

I am unsure as to what time you called on Friday but the direct teams that support our customers with a bereavement are only open Monday to Friday from 8am-6pm so this may be why you had the voicemail service which is their out of hours system where they collate data ready for the call backs the next morning or on Monday if there is a weekend in between your call.

In order for me to see if I can support any further here for you if you could please pop back to me on the pm I'm sending to you that you can find in the purple envelope next to your forum name.

Kind regards and speak soon.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Dottylottie
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

I went through the virgin account my dad had and managed to speak with a member of staff through the instant chat facility. 

He got someone from cancellations/retention team to call me and they re- cancelled the account. He then sent me an email a couple of days later to confirm the account was closed. The bereavement team rang back as well. The lady from the Bereavement Team said the biggest complaint they had - and they get LOTS of complaints - is that people cant find them. They are only a team of 12 in the whole of the UK. To be honest, this is not good enough. Virgin make good profits. A customer focused business would invest more in its customer services. Without us, you wouldn't exist. Lets hope that, either, Virgin wake up and treat people better, or that competition grows and puts them out of business.  Its not the staff - the people I spoke to (once I got to them), could not have been nicer or more understanding; the problem is obviously one of business strategy and lies at the top where business decisions get made. 

0 Kudos