Menu
Rasdus
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bereavement Bill

Just recently my father passed away,6th november, he was the bill payer for a package, phone, internet, tv, i rang virgins bereavement service to disconnect on 10th november, i explianed i wanted to disconnect his account and i just wanted internet, the person i was talking to says it would be better taking on his account and just keeping the internet, i said thats ok, 1 month later i have got a bill for £146,it seems the person i was talking to did not
cancel package plus has added another months bill on, i did get some of my fathers bill, i would like to say fair enough but i would think virgin would of cancelled his bill as he passed away, i have tried phoning but after 42 minutes on phone i am still at lose, another thing, i only disconnected phone 5 days ago and there was no sound in it, the channels my father was getting in his package were not there either, so i could not of been paying for last months package or this one coming up, is there anyone have an idea on this, thank you, colin
Ps not sure if this is right board
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bereavement Bill

Hi Rasdus.

Thanks for getting in touch about your fathers account with us. I am very sorry to hear that he has passed away. Our condolences on your loss to you and your family.

From what you have said it sounds like the Bereavement team have arranged to transfer the account from your fathers name to your name.

This is common practice when a relative or third party is taking over an account if someone has passed away. When you do so you do accept liability to pay any balances owed on the previous bill as part of the account transfer agreement.

It does sound like the figures you have quoted may need to be looked at to make sure that this transition has been a smooth one.

Our teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 are available to look into this for you at anytime. Alternatively we have Webchat available for customers to check in with us via online options.

I'm also going to send a private message to you that you can find in the pm up by your forum name.

If you could get back to me on this I'll do what I can to support you further.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rasdus

Just checking in to see if you still need any support with this. I understand you had spoken to someone regarding this and were waiting on a call back.

If you've not heard back then just drop back to me and I'll look into this again for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Rasdus
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi karen, thank you for your reply, i know i carried on the bill from my father as i stated, that was ok, its the rest of bill that isnt ok, i did not want all the package, i told the bereavement line this, i am waiting on a copy of the phone conversation i had with them to prove what i said, i will let you know what happens, thank you again

Colin
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back in touch Colin.

Keep me posted and let me know if you need any further support with this.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team