Menu
Smithd
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Being charged for a phone line I do not have

I had my virgin broadband and tv installed back in November when they installed them they tol me they could not install my phone line as they couldn't access the box on my housing estate as it was blocked off by the building site as it is a new estate they then told me someone would be in touch and come out to install my phone line , finally after one month I Managed to get hold of them as I do not have a mobile and obviously I don't have my house phone installed anyway they told me that someone would be out to install it on the Monday Tuesday and Wednesday anyone after 1pm , thy didn't turn up that week so I managed to get hold of them again and complained and they told me someone will ring me to arrange an installation date as I explained to them I have no way of ringing and I also complained about paying for a phone line each month when I do not have one and they said I will have to sort that out once the phone line is installed , I am very frustrated as nobody seems to be giving me any sort of reply or contact and I am wondering if there is anything I can do about getting my money back for the phoneline and any way of not having to pay the phonline when my bill is due as I do my have one? Is there anything illegal about what they are doing ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being charged for a phone line I do not have

Hi Smithd

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone service lately.

In most cases, when you have all three services with us you'll receive a bundle discount which means that taking the line rental out of the bundle, can increase the overall price.

That being said, I've taken a look at your account to see what's happening to get you a working phone line, I'm not seeing any action on your account so I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come out, in the interest of getting this resolved as soon as possible.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RaeJae
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello.

This has also happened to myself and my partner. We moved into our property at the end of January and applied for the bundle of broadband, landline and virgin box. We had a technician come out to fit the broadband, we queered about the landline and was told we would need to ring virgin to arrange someone to come out as that was not the job they had been told. Both my partner and i called several times to arrange this, we were told i would receive a text message with a time and date (as i am the account holder) i received nothing, my partner and i work full time so we need to arrange times when we are available or a family member is present in the house. My partner came home from work one day to find a virgin media van driving away from our property, posted through the door was a sorry we missed you card and to give virgin a call to rearrange. Like i said i was not given a text to let us know that they were coming. All my details are correct on your system because you have no problem contacting me for payments!!! We called virgin and it was rearranged again., my partner took a day off work for the engineer to come out and look at the landline unit to then tell us he did not have the correct equipment to set this up so we would need to rearrange again. This we did and we finally have it sorted, when we called the final time we were told we could either have a discount or a voucher as we had paid for a landline which we did not have for 4 months. I understand it is part of a 'bundle' but i think it is terrible to charge something for which they are not receiving and especially for being messed around so much.

I called yourself last night and was on the phone for an hour and a half, passed through 4 different people to be told i could not get a discount or voucher as you guys have not logged my calls, so basically as if i was making this up. I think this is terrible service and i will be making a formal complaint. If i have any further problems with this service then i  will be cancelling.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there RaeJae,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you've had similar trouble with this.

I hope that this has all since been sorted for you.

Please feel free to let me know if I can assist further,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos