Menu
Elizabethanne94
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Barratt House No VM

My partner and I have just recently moved into a new build Barratt house. We were told that the house would be prewired and prepared for Virgin if we desired it. We were also told that it we filled out the appropriate forms we would get 3 months of Virgin's Big Kahuna package for free. We were thrilled about this as we were wanting Virgin Media before we even looked at the house, so we filled out all the forms and sent them off (about 2 months before we moved in).

We have moved into the house now and we were told that we would be contacted by an engineer to come and hook us up, this however has not yet happened. We have ports with Virgin Media logos on in the living room and master bedroom and we have wires sticking out of the wall outside the house. We've been told everything is ready we just require an engineer to come hook it all up!

After speaking to other people on the street, some have lived here much longer than us and still haven't heard anything either. There are other houses on the estate that have been built a good few months longer than ours and they have been hooked up.

I have been onto the sale advisor and she tells me she has chased it up but nothing has come of this. My partner and I need the Internet for our jobs and it's becoming increasingly frustrating!

Please let me know what I can do!
Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Barratt House No VM

sue Barratts for breach of contract ?

but they will say it IS prewired and prepared for ...

so re-read the contract first, they were probably smart enough to promise that you'd actually GET the service

All Replies
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

sue Barratts for breach of contract ?

but they will say it IS prewired and prepared for ...

so re-read the contract first, they were probably smart enough to promise that you'd actually GET the service

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the forms were sent off months before you moved in it would be likely that no account has been set up. VM can only set up an account & arrange installation etc, if the property is listed on the postcode checker. Go in to VM's website as if you are a new customer & use the postcode for your property. You should then see a list of properties registered as serviceable under that postcode. If your property is there it should be easy enough to set up an account & therefore installation. If not the database will have to be updated before an account can be set up.

The Forum Team here should respond in a while, & may be able to chase this.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

the_n_hammer
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey all

I am also about to move in to a David Wilson Homes (Barratt Homes) house with in the next couple of weeks.

I have also been told that Virgin as well as BT are in the area to provide broadband service to the new development.

Now I didn't get any offers when we reserved our house.

However, I have spoken to the sales team and that they don't cover the area.

However I find that hard to believe as I saw a Virgin van parked and doing working in the area while I was having my house tour.

I know that my house is in new development and new post codes are not version to everyone's systems straight away.  But if you have teams working on providing your services in the area.  You would advise your sales teams that it is been worked on.

I even tried registering my post code on cable my street, but as it doesn't recognize the post code.  I can't register.

Can some please advise, as I would like to get a broadband service as soon as we can.  As I am a IT professional and will need this for my work.

0 Kudos