Menu
84peterf
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BUNDLE COSTS FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS ETC NO REGARD FOR LOYALTY

Ten years plus a Virgin Media customer - I feel I am being ripped off by the constant price increases with no offers of any sort of loyalty bonus. My bundle has slowly risen to around the £85. Its alarming when you view the offers to NEW customers . Typically VM rely on you being lazy which I must admit I have been and accepted the incremental rises over the years..

My personal circumstances have changed and I need to reduce monthly outgoings . BT have some good new customer offers that would reduce my bill considerably - for twelve months at least so this is now an option for me.

I have contacted and spoken to  VM on 150 "thinking of leaving us" expecting a little help with little joy and was told that there was no way to offer me any discount "Those days are over" For obvious reasons they make the website difficult to navigate to find out whats really on offer for new customers and there is no provision I can see where you can REDUCE your bundle deal.Once signed to in its even difficult to view costs and alternative package details - sign out as a new customer and all is revealed where  you can tailor a bundle at huge discounts and even the costs after the offer has ended appear to be less than I am currently paying .

Just what is going on? 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: BUNDLE COSTS FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS ETC NO REGARD FOR LOYALTY

Stop reading new customer offerings - all suppliers do it.

If you want a new customer offer, go elsewhere and get one.

If you want an existing customer offer, go back to the 'thinking of leaving' department and discuss your requirements. You can likely negotiate a deal with a small discount (£5 - £10) off the 'standard' price for a bundle. This would be a new contract with a minimum contract period of 12 months but the discount lasting for a total of 18 months. This would not protect you against any normal annual price increase.

Just what services do you want?  ...and at what price?

Post here and I'm sure I or someone else will tell if your expectations are reasonable.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

84peterf wrote:

Once signed to in its even difficult to view costs and alternative package details - sign out as a new customer and all is revealed where  you can tailor a bundle at huge discounts and even the costs after the offer has ended appear to be less than I am currently paying .

Just what is going on? 

If you are paying more than the post offer price listed on the site then you are probably on an old legacy package rather than a current package, Big Kahuna for example.

I had an issue in January 2015 when I spoke to the retentions team and was told they couldn't offer me a better deal.  I then pointed out that I was on a legacy package that no longer existed and that the standard monthly price of the identical current package (Big Kahuna) was less than they were charging for my legacy package.  After a bit of checking with a supervisor the person I was speaking to agreed that if I moved to the BK package and committed to another 12 month contract they could apply a loyalty discount and reduce my bill.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
84peterf
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have already spoken to VM on 150 "thiinking of leaving" dept . I pressed for some sort of loyalty discount and tried to negotiate a small discount and was told that  It doesnt work that way anymore and they couldnt help in that respect. Obviously policies have changed. The person on the other end did produce a package for me that would reduce my costs and I have since been quoted a substantial saving with BT - for twelve months at least - for a smilar service that includes BT sport for free. My main issue is the VM website its is geared for new customers. If I want to downgrade my service I have to make a phone call and try and negotiate a deal. If  I want to upgrade ie spend more money I can do it simply online. Why not offer a service on the website where you can tailor a package to "downgrade" if you need to. All you get is the "Your Offers" page geared for you to spend more and they rarely offer much of deal to existing customers. Its no doubt to done to make it less easy to downgrade and spend less.

As I stated earlier I re applied as a new customer to see what bundles were available and at what cost when the offer reverts to normal price and all were better deals than the one I am on.so as you say they have left me to stew and pay more than I need to. My fault as much as theirs but they sure don't volunteer  any information to that effect. 

Still undecided whether to switch or make one more call to VM to try and tailor a package at a cost I can afford. Th Bt deal is good value and would save me money but researching before  committing they use a different cabling system and yet another box on the wall. Swing and roundabouts I suppose.

cornecol
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What a load of drivel.

0 Kudos
mfellows
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator