Menu
rachgas
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Awful Service by Virgin Media.

I am having continual problems with Virgin Media. 

I recently cancelled Virgin Media services due to relocating. I began a contract with them in November 2014. In February of this year I called to complain of the rising monthly costs and that I was considering leaving. They then offered me a reduced rate to continue with them and so I stayed. During this conversation I was not informed of any new 12 month contract being entered nor did I sign any new agreement to confirm this. I was aware that I would be moving in May and had I known this I would not have accepted the offer.

In May, I contacted Virgin Media to cancel their services. They then informed me that I was still within a contract and therefore had to pay a final bill. As I was completely unaware that I had been reentered into a contract I disputed this and informed me that they would send a copy of the phone call as evidence. They did not do so.

I then noticed that £211 had been taken from my account by direct debit on 24th June without my consent even when this was in dispute. I therefore processed an indemnity claim as this payment left me with absolutely no money and I did not agree with the payment taken particularly when in dispute. Following this I again contacted Virgin Media (a gentleman named Carlo) on 30th June who again raised a complaint and I again requested evidence of the phone conversation from February (I know that I was not informed of and did not confirm any new 12 month contract during this call) to which I was informed that it would take up to 31 days to process. I also requested that any payments be stopped until this dispute was completed.

Again on 24th July, a payment of £211 was taken from my account by Virgin Media. I have not had any evidence of the phone call requested nor heard from Virgin Media in regards to the complaint. I have since again processed an indemnity claim as again it has left me with no money until the end of the month. My bank have now cancelled my direct debit as I was continually having to process indemnity claims for payments being taken out of my account without prior notification or agreement from myself. 

I feel I am going around in circles and I do not owe Virgin Media any money. I paid my final amount for the last month I used their services and did not at any time agree to any new 12 month contract. I have attempted to contact Virgin by phone and by email and the service has been disgusting.

I am now considering taking action against Virgin Media - has anyone else had these sorts of issues?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful Service by Virgin Media.

Hi rachgas

I am sorry to hear about the contract dispute and the EDF's that have been taken on your account twice.

As a complaint has been raised and call records requested, our teams will be in process of dealing with this for you.

To keep in touch with them, you can

You can contact them via 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Please keep us posted on how this goes.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
rachgas
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

The complaint was raised on 30th June to which I was informed it would take 31 days to get the call log sent to me and the complaint dealt with.

I have not heard anything since from Virgin Media expect to chase the money that I apparently owe.

It now 6th September and I have received a letter this week stating that my account will go into default within the next 14 days. I am now seeking resolution through Trading Standards to ensure that this is rectified before this becomes a default on my credit file when I have continuously requested evidence and complained to no avail.

As much as your reply is appreciated this does not solve the continuous issues I am having with Virgin Media.

Regards

Rachel
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel

On the back of this our teams have opened another complaint for you.

I can check back in in a week for you regarding this if you'd like us to?

Many thanks

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos