Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7 (202 Views)

Are VM disregarding loyal customers.

Hi guys/ladies, as title says really, do you also feel like VM has stuck its fingers up at you as a long term consumer.

I have been a cable customer since 3 for 30 deals NTL/blueyonder and with VM since they took over from them, overall around 13/14 years or so. I've nearly always had problems with 1 thing or another which is fair enough most of the time, things do happen/go wrong. I have always stuck by them though.

These past few weeks my internet has been a big problem, going off at night, not on in morning etc, no phone to phone them with as that is also off etc. I contacted them through twitter using my data on mobile, which was also off on a few occasions at the same time as my BB/landline. They always come back with contact 150 etc blah blah.

I did this and they checked my router, and sent an engineer as the router was an old hub 1 and probably at fault, its never VM's fault, RIGHT.

He fitted a new hub 3 last week and went through all the usual. The missus is online from 6am every morning, NOT with hub 3 though, she informed me it takes more than an hour to boot up, not acceptable.

I'm a gamer and game at night, and I find the hub a bit laggy online compared to the old hub.

I phoned VM and a tech guy went through the questions, he told me the reason it takes an hour to boot on mornings is because we turn the router off at night, (we turn everything off at night for safety reasons?).

Not acceptable, so I asked to be put through to someone else and got some asian woman who told me she'd tweak the router settings and make it boot quicker, it now takes 10 minutes. I think 10 minutes is better than an hour but still an age for todays technology, think my tivo takes 10 mins to boot also, not that I ever use it.

I got an email recently about the costs going up, I'm sure you all did, £3.99 a month for me which is a lot considering the poor performance recently, and the fact its just simply a price hike for no other apparent reason.

So I thought it was a great time to ask for a better deal, no deal was offered, they quickly put me through to retentions, I was asked what the problem was, I told the lady on phone I've just told gone through it all with the last 2 reps, but story short I'm not happy with my service.

I was quickly told I'd be sent a pack to send back my equipment and that my services would end in 30 days, I then received a disconnection email followed by my next bill (coincidence?), which was missing the customer loyalty bonus of £5, so full a price bill as a parting gift.

Thanks VM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7 (195 Views)

Re: Are VM disregarding loyal customers.

[ Edited ]

New customers are much easier to fleece please. All they want is this promise of "superspeeds are coming soon! very cheap!". Then they are starting to learn about congestion issues, inept customer support, laggy SH3, etc - but they are on the contract so hardly can do anything. So they being fobbed by promises of "will fix in a few months" as long as they are willing to put up with it - then promptly given goodbye as they become too much of a nuisance by daring to *demand* things from their Superspeed overlords Smiley Wink

Exceptions always happen, but sadly not common...

Tuning in
Message 3 of 7 (154 Views)

100% correct mate, I feel like a nuisance because I questioned the so called VM experts, and like you say "demanding a service I pay for" is obviously too much for them.

I think BT is next port of call, see what kind of service they can offer me, a good steady service would be way better than a so called superior service that fails to deliver consistantly.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7 (132 Views)

Welcome to corporate America Britain. Where profits are more important than everything else. Be it the service you provide, your customers or even your employees. It no longer matters if you make a great profit because it's never great enough.You can always screw over your existing customers to make those profits higher still.

It wouldn't be so bad if Virgin was actually investing in its infrastructure, but I don't see it doing that.

Corporate greed and nothing else is what counts these days.

Take note Tom Mockridge, keep sending out price increases and customers will find better deals.

Customers CAN and WILL go elsewhere.

Tuning in
Message 5 of 7 (107 Views)

I got a call today from the retentions team, they made an offer, I accepted. I was told I'd receive an email, I never received an email, back to square 1.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7 (81 Views)

[ Edited ]

misterbuggerlug wrote:

Customers CAN and WILL go elsewhere.

I wish, here in rural Birmingham I get VM or 2mb ADSL if I'm lucky. The day I get an alternative is the day I jump ship, but until BT (or whoever does the cabling) pulls their finger out, I have zero choice.

An internet connection is almost as essential as water/gas/electricity today, its about time it was regulated in the same way.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7 (14 Views)

Hi GBXPETE

I appreciate you popping back to us with your updates.

I can see you have spoken to the teams since you posted and they have reconfirmed the offer specifics to you when you called.

I hope they have helped answer all the queries you had regarding this.

If there's anything else you need help with just get in touch Smiley Happy

You can contact them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos