Menu
Felicity1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Appalling Customer Service

My son is moving back home because he is terminally ill with a brain tumour and is finding it difficult to manage on his own.  I already have Virgin Media and have been a customer for over 20 years.  Because my son is terminating his contract early due to his illness and the fact that the place he is moving to (mine) already has Virgin services, Virgin are charging him over £200 in early termination fees.

I no longer want to remain a customer but when I accepted a 6 month free offer a few months back I inadvertently entered into a 12 month contract.  Also, I have by strange coincidence lost my customer loyalty discount which I have been receiving for many years.  It ends this month and is not being renewed!

What a company!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling Customer Service

your son should be able to terminate his contract without penalty if he does it because of the price increase - if you have given notice they may not be able to- ring retentions and see what they can do

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

if you get nowhere one of the staff here will hopefully be able to do something - have flagged it to the mods

nothing i can add but sorry to hear the reasons for this and hope VM resolve 

Tony
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have asked the Forum Team to pick this up quickly in the light of the circumstances you describe.

Let me say VM would, as matter of contract, be entitled to charge early fees to anyone who terminates their contract early but I would have expected some discretion to be exercised when the circumstances were explained.

The Team here have been known to work wonders or at least ensure that others work wonders.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Felicity1,

I'm really sorry to hear about your sons illness. As someone who has spent many years in and out of hospital I appreciate this is a very stressful time for all of you. 

I'll get one of the forum team on to this straight away and we'll be back in touch as soon as possible.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

See this thread. Issue apparently resolved by VM already. Fees remitted.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Appalling-Customer-Service/td-p/3252141

@Stephen_B

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've just responded to a PM from Felicity1 where she's told me the good news.

So glad it's been sortedSmiley Happy

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos