Menu
Dha12oks
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Any idea in why my bill would skyrocketed up two fold?

Well I would contact support but they're "closed" at the moment, and early hours for me before work, basically I've gone from paying £43 a month to paying £93 or so this month! Any idea in why VM would do this? I am going to be questioning this after work today to find out the question,but would like to know if anyone else in this community has been put through this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Any idea in why my bill would skyrocketed up two fold?

Whilst Ive seen cases where the discount is shorter than the contract length, never seen a discount for just 6 months before. To clarify, I mean as a standard package, not an individual arrangement with VM, which I assume you would know about if that was the case.

The even better news is that its hard to get account issues dealt with on here- you'll need to wait around a week and even then it may be beyond the remit of VM staff on here- DPA and all that. Best course of action would be to ring in after the weekend IMHO.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its hard to give you any advice without some more info. Where you on an introductory discount? If so has that finished?  Have you changed your package recently?

Can you log into "My Virgin media" and view the bill?

0 Kudos
Dha12oks
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Nope the bill page is down at the moment, else Id look at it that way but yeah I was on the introductory discount, I was told this was/am for 12 months, its only been about 6 months so far, though I was told after the discount period was over, it'd go to about £52 a month, doesn't explain why it has gone up two fold

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Whilst Ive seen cases where the discount is shorter than the contract length, never seen a discount for just 6 months before. To clarify, I mean as a standard package, not an individual arrangement with VM, which I assume you would know about if that was the case.

The even better news is that its hard to get account issues dealt with on here- you'll need to wait around a week and even then it may be beyond the remit of VM staff on here- DPA and all that. Best course of action would be to ring in after the weekend IMHO.

0 Kudos
Dha12oks
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, that's what I had figured, I know I wouldn't be able to get anything done on a community, I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Okay any way thanks for the reponse mate.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dha12oks wrote:

Yeah, that's what I had figured, I know I wouldn't be able to get anything done on a community, I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Okay any way thanks for the reponse mate.

Top tip when you ring in- do it during UK office hours and use options 1,4,5 from the main menu. That will land you with "retention's "- UK onshore support who will be able to sort stuff out for you. DO NOT talk to offshore 1st line support. Waste of time

If that doesn't work, come back and tell us, an escalation through here MAY get a result.

Kind Regards

Kippies.

0 Kudos