Menu
phiilip
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Another price increase

Just received notification of another price hike. Second this year! February was £4+ and the next on this November is to £3.49.

This is I'm afraid a rip-off. This weekend I will be actively reviewing my broadband, TV and phone. I'll be looking to see what others have to offer. Been with Virgin in one form or another for over 15 years but my loyalty elastic has been stretched too far and snapped.

Last week I changed my energy provider. This week it will be Media etc.

Helpful Answers
Kcuser
Tuning in
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Another price increase

contact Sky they offered by Sky for a 12mth contract, unlimited fibre broadband and calls, Sky Q 2tb box, multi room, cinema, sports, box sets all in HD or ultra HD...bargain £40 expires 29th Sept

All Replies
Kcuser
Tuning in
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

contact Sky they offered by Sky for a 12mth contract, unlimited fibre broadband and calls, Sky Q 2tb box, multi room, cinema, sports, box sets all in HD or ultra HD...bargain £40 expires 29th Sept
craftygirlcarol
Joining in
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Yes another price rise.. We are pensioners ..its just too much.  thought I would speak to someone at virgin..they tell me a 10 minute wait..just to long..I bet if I wanted to join Virgin I would be able to speak to someone. I will give it another shot..if not I suppose twitter might grab their attention.

phiilip
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Interestingly if you look at USwitch or similar price comparison websites, new customers are offered all sorts of enticing deals. I'm afraid years of loyalty count for nothing.

I understand they need to offer potential customers a good deal.

I reckon companies like Virgin or Sky for that matter probably assume it's too much hassle for long-term customers to switch.

HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I think what makes the price increase such a kick in the teeth is the way the TiVo boxes are underperforming at the moment. I feel to raise prices when everyone's TiVo boxes are struggling for speed was a serous mistake.

Steffy-h
Joining in
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I agree. I've been with Virgin since it came to my area and it used to be brilliant customer service with a call centre in Britain. Now it's all self set up and automated service and if you do get to talk to someone, presumably in India or somewhere similar, either they can't understand you or you can't understand them. They are taking the mickey now with this latest price increase. Loyalty means nothing. I've just received my Hub 3 and judging by some people's comments there are lots of problems which has made me put off setting it up but when I do pluck up courage if there are any problems Virgin Media will be gone.

kim1963
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Bloody disgraceful. Nearly £8 price hike in same year? Time to start shopping around. Tivo box is slow and freezes. What the hell are we paying for? Been with Virgin for 13 years. Counts for nothing. All new customers get offers to entice them in. We long term customers have to pay the difference to make up for it. Thanks Virgin.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your posts and we appreciate that no one likes to hear about a price rise. To make sure we are able to offer the best services we can, we sometimes need to review our prices.

Every year we launch better services, faster speeds and unbeatable offers for all our customers.

If you're unhappy then it is the perfect opportunity for you to look at reviewing your overall package with us so it would be great if you could either get in touch with our team via Webchat or via 150 / 0345 454 1111. Our teams will be more than happy to take a look at this with you.

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Kath_F but the part about faster speeds makes me laugh.

All I have to show from the price increase is a TiVo box that takes about 2mins to respond and a broadband speed of 32mbs when I'm paying for 200mbs. 

NickB41
Just browsing
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

For your info have been trying for a week to get through to customer services and today have phoned several times to be told it is a 20/30 minute wait - a joke

0 Kudos