Menu
wally747
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Annoying Virgin Marketing calls

Is it possible to opt out of Virgin marketing calls?

I regularly receive these calls offering me stuff I don't need or want and the last call ended up with the caller putting the phone down on me having just subjected me to some nonsense about paying £99.99 to ensure my broadband reaches it's full 200mb potential!

I'm paying for 200mb so give me that speed without asking for more money! Unbelievable.

Any help much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Annoying Virgin Marketing calls

wally747 wrote:

Is it possible to opt out of Virgin marketing calls?

Yes and there are numerous ways to do it.

1. Pop a quick call into 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any phone. Once you've been put through to the menu, go with Option 4 and then any of the sub-options. Ask to be opted out of marketing (it will opt you opt of postal mail shots too.)
2. Use the webchat. Do so from a desktop or laptop. Between 8AM to 8PM M-F and 9AM to 5PM Sa. Go with any of the options under Account and Billing (except 'thinking of leaving'.) Then choose Chat Online. Simply reload the page every three minutes and check again if it says the agents are busy. Make the request.
3. Wait up to two weeks for a member of the favicon.png Forum Team here to do the opt out for you.

Note: Optout takes 6 weeks to complete. There is a single 'flag' in each customer's account for marketing. Opting out will stop both the phone calls and postal mail shots. Any already generated postal mail shots will still be sent out to you, but no new ones will be generated. In the first week or so you should notice a decrease in the amount of calls received.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
wally747
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your reply.

I'll get on to making the changes asap.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi wally747,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are receiving unwanted calls from us. 

I've gone into your account and changed your marketing preferences to No Contact so this will stop any calls you are getting from us. It will also stop any emails,addressed marketing and texts from us too.

It can take up to 6 weeks for things to completely stop but you should see it reduce as time goes on. 

If you have any further issues, come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

wally747
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for sorting that out for me. Much appreciated!@

Best

R

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all wally747 Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out