Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5 (89 Views)

Annoyed now ex Virgin Media customer!

My partners moving in and he has sky. So a decision needed to be made! When I called virgin to see what they can offer in comparison to sky package, they were £10 more expensive a month. So when I called to cancel, I noticed an offer for new customers which was a much better package than mine, for £20 less a month. But apparently virgin would rather lose a valued customer of 14 years than match an offer for new customers. Then the appalling customer service boy, who became very rude and short with me and couldn't wait to get rid of me. Cancelled everything straight away.
At the end I said 'ok, thanks for your help' to which he laughed down the phone and hung up.
I was outraged!! After being so pro virgin media for so long, this one rude idiot has totally ruined it all. I wasn't offered anything, not even a new hub (as the one I have is over 5 years old), nothing. I've put a complaint in but I expect not to hear anything back.

So my actual query?
1. Why is there no email address for virgin to complain to?
2. Is this just for other disgruntled customers to reply to, or do any virgin customer services read or care about what's said here?
3. Are new customers really that much more important that existing loyal customers?!
Sorry for the rant, but I'm still fuming from such a rude, disrespectful idiot!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 5 (87 Views)

Re: Annoyed now ex Virgin Media customer!

but you are not a new customer
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5 (86 Views)

Computer says no
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 5 (82 Views)

you had a new customer detail when you joined. everyone is in the same boat that they can't get the same deal. and everyone on every ISP has the same problem
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5 (81 Views)

Which is nonsense. Basically, I could cancel and my partner take out the new customer offer. What's the point in all that paperwork etc on both sides?
I would expect them to offer something, even if not to give me the new customer deal. But to be treated like crap is uncalled for. Having done telesales in the past, and customer service, I am very aware of how I come across to people and I never get angry as it's rarely the staff members fault, it's policy.
So to be spoken to like utter rubbish is disgraceful. And that is more my complaint.

So now I am a Sky customer.