Menu
newbie58
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Annoyance with telephone Direct Debit set up

A few months ago I used the telephone touch pad service to set up a Direct Debit for my monthly bills. Unfortunately Virgin failed to do what they need to do to activate this and found out last month I owed two months money. After speaking with Virgin I explained I don't have the funds to cover 2 months payments with no real help given. I was assured that the Direct Debit would be sorted out however yesterday I received yet another e-mail saying I owe two months payment. So once again Virgin have failed in their contractual obligations to activate my direct Debit. 

This is not the first time I have had issues with Virgins billing and seriously thinking of quitting them after being a customer for nearly 10 years which I am sure they do not care about. 

Come on Virgin do the decent thing and sort this out for me its your error not mine that has put me in the position!!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Annoyance with telephone Direct Debit set up

Hi newbie58,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've been having an issue with the Direct Debit being set up. 

Once a Direct Debit has been set up, it is still your responsibility to ensure the payment has been made successfully. If it hasn't we can then look in to why. As you've allowed this to go 2 months, full payment will need to be made. 

If there is an outstanding balance on the account then this would need to be cleared before a Direct Debit can then be set up. 

You can speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 to make arrangements for the payment to be made however until the balance is clear, you'll need to make payment via a card rather than Direct Debit. 

Let me know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
newbie58
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

I accept I should have checked my statements and happily will hold my hands up to that as my error and except that as my responsibility. But I am stupid and an optimist in a belief that people in this instance Virgin Media are competent and adequately trained to do their jobs correctly without the expectation that the customer then has to monitor their actions. Maybe I should send Virgin an invoice for having to project manage your staff and systems for you!!!. I was hoping for some form of acceptance from Virgin for your failings in not setting up the Direct Debit at your end after I set it up using your phone touch pad system. However what I get is a shirking of all responsibility from Virgin and no hint of acceptance or that you got it wrong instead you treat me the customer with no respect at all and just blame this issue on me. All you have managed to do with your response is help me make the decision to leave Virgin after about 9 years of being a loyal customer. I have never had a problem with the quality of service you provide with your Tivo package however the quality of service from your accounts department has been poor at the very best and totally incompetent at the extreme.

I will now be making enquiries with Sky to transfer my entertainment needs to them maybe in the future rather than just using the company spin and only think of customers as a number try thinking of your customers as people and rather than put the blame of them for problems. Try to understand and emphasise with their frustrations when you as a organisation fail to do something that I am certain your are contractually obliged to do.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi newbie58,

Thanks for coming back to me and apologies if you felt as though my response meant I was trying to shirk any responsibility. This wasn't my intention Smiley Sad

As mentioned above, we would need to look in to why it didn't set up correctly. It could just as much be an error typing the details in to the keypad at your end as it being an issue with our system or even with your bank not accepting the instruction. There are a number of things that could have caused this to go wrong. 

We don rely on our customers to let us know when there is an issue. Otherwise we're not able to put things right. 

If you decide to give us another chance, then give us a call so we can look into things. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos