Menu
JohnBull1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Angry with Virgin Sales Calls!!

I've been a Virgin Media customer for years.... NTL before it was Virgin and Nynex before it was called that - I've just had a call at home from a Virgin Media Rep offering to 'Save me money' as I am such a loyal customer. Great you would think!

His sales pitch was to tell me that they had looked at my account and noticed that I had regularly made additional phone calls that were not included in my package and were costing me a lot more every month and if I paid another £4.00 per month, these calls would all be included and I would therefore be 'Saving!'

Found this a bit hard to believe, especially as I recall falling for this before when I paid extra to include some European calls every month.

When I asked the rep to hold on while my wife checked this... He hung up!

On checking my last 6 months bills I found that NONE of them were over the amount that he was proposing would save me money.

Is it just me or is this a disgusting attempt to grab even more money from a loyal customer?

I wonder if anyone at Virgin Media will be there to talk to me tomorrow when I phone to complain

JB

0 Kudos
JohnBull1
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Angry with Virgin Sales Calls!!

As an update to this... I did speak to a person... on the 'I am thinking of leaving' option... and after a rant and discussion about their sales techniques, I have now secured a saving of over £230 a year... suggest everyone does this

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Angry with Virgin Sales Calls!!

Hi JohnBull1 and welcome to the forum,

I'm sorry to hear our sales agent got it wrong when recommending a new call package, its disappointing as this isn't the usual experience and I'll be sure to provide some feedback around this to the team to help avoid it happening again.

I'm glad to hear we were able to offer you a great deal when you called, I'm sure you'll enjoy extra cash. We're here if you need any further support.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos