Menu
asim18
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Am I getting scammed? Looking for some community feedback.

I know Virgin Media has been known for false advertising in the past, but I may have found the latest scam here.

Link to advert: http://i.imgur.com/GRoCjaa.jpg

Look at the Full House Bundle. 12 months contract at £55 per month, then after 12 month contract  is over "they say" it will cost you £76.

So I called to sign up to this bundle, but I was told that the 12 months at £55 is only for new customers, this is fair enough.

So then I asked to sign up for the original price of £76 and he told me that's not the actual price because on the system that package is for £87. I then told him to speak to a manager because I'm looking at the advert right now and that's the price advertised, and he said it was not a manager's problem and that any new customer will have to pay £87 after their 12 months for £55, instead of the falsely advertised £76.

I thought I would warn any honest members of this community who may get suckered into signing up, they will not honour their stated prices after you've completed your first initial 12 month contract.

I've also just found out I'm paying a £4 per month loyalty charge, NOT discount, for being a customer for 7 years. Absolutely pathetic.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Am I getting scammed? Looking for some community feedback.

I dont get that at all. Never had any issue with VM honouring the advertised price.

Ill flag your post so staff can contact you about it.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How many STB's do you have?

0 Kudos
asim18
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:

I dont get that at all.

What don't you get mate. It's very simple.

They've sent me an ad in the post.

It says the package is £76 per month, but the first 12 months of it is £55 if you're a new customer.

The contract ends after 12 months and as a 1 year loyalty charge you have to start pay £76 per month. It's advertised as a 12 month contract only so after that the customer is considered old, and it's not a 24 month or more contract, it's only 12 months, meaning the £76 is technically the standard price for that particular package.

Basically as a 7 year loyalty charge I have to pay £11 extra, and I will NOT get an extra TiVo box as advertised either which they literally state holds a value of £7.50 per month.

So add that together and there's a £18.50 discrepancy in the price I have to pay, simply because I've been a customer for 7 years instead of 1 year.

Why are you flagging my post so staff can contact me about it?  I appreciate you're only trying to be helpful but I've already contacted them, this is simply the result of my contact.

Unless this particular staff member can actually do something about Virgin Media's mantra of deceptive, unethical and immoral business practice then there is no point in having any further contact with Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@asim18

I'm assuming kippies 'didn't get it' as to he didn't get why the operative didn't honour the deal. Not that he didn't get anything at all about the situation.

As to flagging to attention, phone staff read scripts, scripts are not great. The forum staff however, are human, and speak human, not script. So you are far more likely to get a favourable response from this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi asim18

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the offer that has been sent in the post.

I appreciate you have spoken to the teams about this and I am sorry they were not able to look at the offering for you of this option at the pricing of £76.

I've taken a quick look into this and would like to see if we can support you a little more with this.

For me to do so I would need to send pm to you to get the details we need to offer a little more help.

You can find this up on the top left in the

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi asim18

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the offer that has been sent in the post. If this is something you need us to support with then please drop back to me in the pm I've sent to you and we can take a further look into this for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos