Menu
codayop
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

All I want is to speak to Virgin

Why is it so hard to speak to anyone at Virgin?

Why is the security system to log on so convoluted?

(both answers have something to do with making it difficult for anyone to actually leave Virgin!)

Why in general is Virgin terrible? - not only do we have the poorest wireless connection where using more than one wireless device practically brings the hub to a standstill - but we also get mobile network outages every week - surfing online whilst on the road? - forget it.

And then you have the audacity to put our prices up by £3 a month!

I have been on hold 3 times this morning waiting for a member of your team to pick up the phone. Twice connection has dropped and I have currently been on hold for 15 minutes.

Please can a member of your team call me to discuss leaving Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile?

Your service is terrible and I am tired of not being able to trust the service I pay through the nose for - even before the price increase.

I would like to discuss final payment dates so I can arrange another provider.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: All I want is to speak to Virgin

codayop wrote:

(both answers have something to do with making it difficult for anyone to actually leave Virgin!)

Why in general is Virgin terrible? - not only do we have the poorest wireless connection where using more than one wireless device practically brings the hub to a standstill - but we also get mobile network outages every week - surfing online whilst on the road? - forget it.

I have been on hold 3 times this morning waiting for a member of your team to pick up the phone. Twice connection has dropped and I have currently been on hold for 15 minutes.

Please can a member of your team call me to discuss leaving Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile?

In a word, no.

Firstly they don't deal with account issues through here.

They don't make outbound calls, except sales calls.

Its around a week for staff to pick up your post ATM anyway, and I assume you want to crack on...

You'll need to contact them. 150 from your VM line, you'll have more luck during office hours- thinking of leaving us will put you through to UK onshore support at those times.

Fedup4
Joining in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Absolutely agree

misled over an offer and spent 3 lots of 15 minutes waiting for answer on phone without response in order to complain and cancel offer

Disgraceful

deliberate attempt I presume to put you off cancelling a service. Why can't we just email Virgin.

if I don't get satisfactory response by Monday I am likely to stop direct debit ad change to Sky

codayop
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

do it - I intend to do the same.

I have never been so frustrated with a service for so,so many reasons.

mikael1
Joining in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Same for me

I called them ; waited 19 min for nothing and a girl told me that she can t have access to my account because their system is down.  but she promized me to call me back in 1 hour.

Never received a call  and now i discover that i have to pay 2.47 pounds on top of my bill for this call !!!! .

This is my first month as Virgin client; i moved from Sky and i can tell you that i m not happy AT ALL 

You have to pay to complain now ; what s going on here 

---LiNdA---
Tuning in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I feel your pain! Sat in all morning waiting on installation team ... Didn't arrive... Tried to phone, lost contact after being on hold for 20 minutes... Went to Track Order... Email said 10th September between 8 & 1pm Track order said "Tuesday" 10th of September what calendar are they using! Eventually got on-line chat... Team had not been dispatched.. Not coming until 23rd now.. Tried again to phone... Getting nothing now... Is Virgin really this incompetent? I'm a new customer that has signed up for the VIP Package ... Not getting treated well at all... Even as a new customer... VIP? Virgin Incompetence Package! 

All Replies
codayop
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

29500956341_6f5c25bb7f_z.jpg

still on hold after 24 mins!

just ridiculous.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

codayop wrote:

In a word, no.

Firstly they don't deal with account issues through here.

They don't make outbound calls, except sales calls.

Its around a week for staff to pick up your post ATM anyway, and I assume you want to crack on...

You'll need to contact them. 150 from your VM line, you'll have more luck during office hours- thinking of leaving us will put you through to UK onshore support at those times.

Fedup4
Joining in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Absolutely agree

misled over an offer and spent 3 lots of 15 minutes waiting for answer on phone without response in order to complain and cancel offer

Disgraceful

deliberate attempt I presume to put you off cancelling a service. Why can't we just email Virgin.

if I don't get satisfactory response by Monday I am likely to stop direct debit ad change to Sky

codayop
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

managed to speak to an operator! 

discussed changing my contract, whilst on the phone my internet connection dropped - without warning. 

John (Virgin operator), when prompted about this, told me this was normal and any changes to the account meant a broadband refresh.

Thanks for letting me know!

Poor communication from staff as well as poor network communication.

cheap? maybe there's a reason for this eh?

0 Kudos
codayop
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Just terrible, simply ridiculous service.

Not only does "Bing" not understand what I am saying, he ignores my request for reduction in charges for poor service - simply terrible.

Vodafone warned me of going to Virgin, I wish I had listened to them.

0 Kudos
codayop
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

do it - I intend to do the same.

I have never been so frustrated with a service for so,so many reasons.

mikael1
Joining in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Same for me

I called them ; waited 19 min for nothing and a girl told me that she can t have access to my account because their system is down.  but she promized me to call me back in 1 hour.

Never received a call  and now i discover that i have to pay 2.47 pounds on top of my bill for this call !!!! .

This is my first month as Virgin client; i moved from Sky and i can tell you that i m not happy AT ALL 

You have to pay to complain now ; what s going on here 

---LiNdA---
Tuning in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I feel your pain! Sat in all morning waiting on installation team ... Didn't arrive... Tried to phone, lost contact after being on hold for 20 minutes... Went to Track Order... Email said 10th September between 8 & 1pm Track order said "Tuesday" 10th of September what calendar are they using! Eventually got on-line chat... Team had not been dispatched.. Not coming until 23rd now.. Tried again to phone... Getting nothing now... Is Virgin really this incompetent? I'm a new customer that has signed up for the VIP Package ... Not getting treated well at all... Even as a new customer... VIP? Virgin Incompetence Package! 

codayop
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Update - Due to reduced costs I have opted to receive a new Hub. Mistake.

• 2 hours it took me to setup - this device would simply not connect correctly to the home network.(I'm not exactly an I.T. technician, but I know my way around routers and netwrok configs - this is the most a rs e about face system I have ever encountered)
  • 40 minutes on hold to tech support after spending an original 15 minutes trying to persuade an operator that my address exists and my account number is what it is. He simply would not listen to me after I spelled out EVERY letter of my address, three or 4 times.
  • Unable to enter the Configure router settings via http://192.168.0.1, sorted - after realising the password required was the "PIN" not the "PASSWORD" provided. Poor wording of documents and instructions.
  • Strangely after managing to configure the router, my hardware has decided to stop working as it should...
    • Mouse drivers lost
    • Wireless connection to printers lost
    • 5 minutes to connect to the WiFi each time my laptop turns on
  • Now after changing settings on the router - it is no longer accepting my password so I cant enter advanced settings.
  • The "Forgotten your password" option does NOTHING and sends no update anywhere, so I'm currently ok to use the router but heaven forbid I need to configure anything manually.

Virgin - you are a terrible company and provide a terrible service I would recommend only for people to stay away from you rather than fear the wrath of their annoyance with each and every aspect of each and every product and service you provide. Whether it be mobile, broadband, hardware, online service and without doubt your customer service is the worst of ANY company I have had the misfortune to speak to.