Menu
Blueaussiebear
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Agreed £50 sign-up discount NOT applied - Overcharged - Broadband

When I booked my Broadband order as a new customer I used a coupon code to get a £50 discount. The Virgin registration email came back with the £50 credit in their letter/email - "SPECIAL ONLINE CREDIT TAKEN OFF YOUR BILL" - so I went ahead with my order. I just got my first bill and it does not include the £50 credit. LIARS! Why automate the email if the payment system isn't linked to it?!

I called and did online chat and was told another area had to apply the credit to my account. I was given the missing payments area email to request they do what they need to do. They eventually responded saying it wasn't their job.

I emailed them and asked them whose job it was and they said customer support. No email provided. No referral. 

I cannot find an email or a way to get my £50 credit. No-one is helping me. I only chose Virgin over a competitor because of the £50 credit. I'm still in a cooling-off period and am considering just cancelling my plan while I can. If this is any reflection on how I'm going to be treated in the future. 

I've attached a partial screenshot of the proof of my credit. Every Virgin staff member has seen this and still not done anything. I have the entire email thread to send to whoever can help me.

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 1.16.07 pm.pngOver to you Virgin - please assist me.

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 1.16.07 pm.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Agreed £50 sign-up discount NOT applied - Overcharged - Broadband

Hi Blueaussiebear, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community even though your journey has been less than perfect so far. Smiley Sad

Checking the account, I'm not seeing any reference to the £50 credit that you were offered. Based on your screen shot though, it looks as though a mistake has been made somewhere along the line. 

I'll be able to get this credit applied to save you going in circles any further however I will need to see the complete email which includes the WS Order Reference number. As long as this matches up with the one on your account I can get it sorted Smiley Happy 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
otasan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, this has also happened to me. Please can you help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi otasan, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you've had with not receiving your credit.

I've already replied to your thread here: £50.00 Special Online Credit - Not been taken off my first bill I've also sent you a private message. 

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Mr_E_Mann
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is it better to create a new post or add a "me too" to an existing post?

It was the £50 credit that swung me to make the switch... and made sure it appeared on the email confirmation

It didn't appear on the contract... so called to query it... and was basically told to speak to the online team

I received the bill today and guess what... it doesn't appear. Phoned in and am told to go speak to the online team

Not the best start to a contract with yourselves.. and not exactly a seamless customer experience? Why make me go back online when actually talking to you to resolve your internal issues? Doesn't make it easy to do business with

Anyway... rant over... but in summary... how do I get the credit that I was offered and given in the order email? Also what are you doing to correct the missing credit for all customers? rather than relying on them phoning up and being annoyed?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mr_E_Mann, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue getting your online discount added to your account too. This can sometimes happen and we are more than happy to chase things up for you.

I would need to see a copy of the full email showing the discount before I can apply this. I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one via Private Message. 

it's great that you've been able to get things resolved by speaking to the team. 

I have passed your feedback over. If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. We'll happily check things out for you. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
studentstudent
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello as well! 

As you'd expect from this thread, the same has happened to me where the discount code was applied at checkout and when my first bill has been generated - its not there! 

I haven't yet tried phoning through as I'm doubtful that'll help my situation. And the online chat is "unavailable" today for some reason.

What steps do I need to take? I'm not sure I've saved any screenshots from my order (where the £50 credit is displayed in the breakdown of my package) and I did not see it mentioned in the generic "welcome to VM" email. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi studentstudent

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the offer code not being applied and the missing discount.

I can see you have spoken to our Twitter teams and they have been able to refer you to our Webchat teams who have then cleared security with you and have resolved this with you which is fab Smiley Happy

Going forwards all billing and package queries that need to be looked into in this way,  do have to be dealt with by our teams in a secure way, either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have with billing or packages. As the forums are public we need to be supporting you in this way to keep your data confidential.

Webchat  can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Let us know if you need anything else.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos