Menu
AshleyMullen
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

After leaving how long to be classed as new customer?

As the subject says if I leave on 23rd September how long would it be till VM would allow someone to rejoin as a new customer?  My dad loves VM products and is disappointed I have chosen to leave, however I am leaving and never want to use VM again!  So how long before my dad would be allowed his own account on our present address as a new customer, thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: After leaving how long to be classed as new customer?

hiya @AshleyMullen once you give your 30 notice and account is officially closed, don't see any reason why your dad cant sign up, since he wouldn't be considered a returning customer in my opinion
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @AshleyMullen once you give your 30 notice and account is officially closed, don't see any reason why your dad cant sign up, since he wouldn't be considered a returning customer in my opinion
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AshleyMullen, 

Thanks for your post and it's a great question. Smiley Happy

As your dad will be a new customer, as soon as your account has been disconnected he will be able to sign up with us. 

Bear in mind there may well be a gap in services whilst we wait for an installation date for your dad as you will be required to send your equipment back. 

Hope that helps and if you have any further questions, just pop back here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
AshleyMullen
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath is there anyway to contact retention's or have them contact me, my phone line is dead and VM will not send out a tech to fix it as i'm leaving.  To cut a long story short would retention's be willing to give me VIP or similar (Movies and Sports) for £86.49 for 12 months, same as new customers and I will remain and cancel Sky, but I would need to know this week if they are willing to match it so I have time to cancel, I am unable to receive calls to my home phone due to the fault so can give a mobile contact number to call me.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hiya @AshleyMullen as far as i know the forum team cant arrange callbacks from other dept.
0 Kudos
YouTubularYells
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A common problem. 

No company is perfect and sky will sting you with repair charges probably an install fee and a much slower broadband.the bundle fee is just an ice breaker albeit a 12month one. So VM will expect you to pay the full price after that. Saying that I believe you can leave for  somewhere between 1-3 months and then return as a new customer again.