Menu
yoan
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Add a name on the bill

Hi I absolutely need to add a name on the billing as I will need proofs of adress for me AND my girlfriend.

What is the process ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Add a name on the bill

Sorry, there isn't one.

Virgin Media accounts can only have one name on them, although other people can be allowed to deal with the account if needed.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
yoan
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for answering me. Who can I ask for this special request ? I absolutely need to add her name on the bill. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, but there is no option to add two names on to a Virgin Media bill for proof of address.

It is possible to add two names on to a council tax bill, but if another proof of address is required then I'd recommend contacting your gas, electric or water provider as they are more likely to support multiple names on an account.
0 Kudos
yoan
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Gas, electricity and concil tax are paid by the owner of my flat. That's why I absolutely need to add a name on my bill.

Virgin media is a fixed service like electric and gas, I am a customer who need to change the billing name. Which company can't do it for its customers ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Taking Virgin Media services involve a UK credit check. The name on the bill has to match the person that applied for services.

Adding an additional name to a Virgin Media bill would imply that the additional name had also gone through a UK credit check when this hasn't happened.

0 Kudos
yoan
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes I do not see any problem with that !

My girlfriend has an UK bank account.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

but the account can only have one name. if you try and make that into 2 names it wont match a valid person for credit check and will fail
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yoan wrote:

Yes I do not see any problem with that !

My girlfriend has an UK bank account.

As long as she has lived in the property over six months, you could transfer the Virgin Media account from your name to your girlfriend's name. This would cost £20 and involve her completing the credit check, and then agreeing to a new 12 month minimum term period on the contract.

However you cannot have your name and her name on the bill at the same time.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi yoan

I appreciate you getting in touch with us on the forums about adding another name to the account for the billing but as has been mentioned by the community, this cannot be done.

There is only one field in our accounts database for a customer name so we literally only have room to put in one customer name and we cannot add another name to the bills for anyone.

I appreciate why you were trying to do this and hope you were able to find another company that could support you with proof of ID at the new address.

If as @BenMcr mentioned, you wish to arrange to transfer the account to your girlfriends name only, then this process can be arranged for you via Customer Care either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat

To speak to the Webchat teams just choose the option in the column on the left that best matches your needs and tab over to the right through the menu to get to the Chat Online option.

E.g. Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

In raising a Transfer of responsibility if this is needed, your account under your name would close and a new account under your girlfriends name would open within the same day with a new 12 month contract for her. The costs to cover the administration fees for the TOR, and credit checks run to arrange this, is a one off of £20.

If you are looking to arrange this then please get in touch via the methods above.

Many thanks

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos