Menu
flycity
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Accountholder change before signing e-contract

Hi,

I've just started a new contract but haven't signed it yet. With my flatmates we decided that it's better to change the accountholder's name right now without having to go through all the paperwork once signed the contract (I am leaving the shared house in some months). Do you know how to change the details? I have already received the router and all the appliances. I just want to change the accountholder's details. Cheers!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Accountholder change before signing e-contract

Hi flycity, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you ion board with us in the Community. 

As mentioned above, in order for a Transfer of Responsibility to go ahead, the person taking over the contract will need to have been there for 6 months.

If you cancel within your 14 days Right to Cancel period then the equipment will need to be sent back to us and a new account will need to be opened by the person intending on being the account holder. During this time, there may be a gap in the services. 

I hope this gives you a little more of an insight. If you have any further questions, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's an interesting one because the contract will have been approved based on your credit credentials.

If you have already installed and are using the service, you are deemed to have already signed the contract and you are the account holder.

In that case, you have to complete a Transfer of Responsibility (TOR). You can get that paperwork by speaking to customer services. 

flycity
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am closing my British bank account, so I could not make a direct debit contract. However, I was told that I could change the accountholder's details whenever I wanted but, apparently, there are some restrictions (minimum six-month stay in the same house). For this reason, I'd prefer to start the new contract with someone else's details. Otherwise, is there any chance to cancel the contract free of charge and start a new one straight away? I should have 14 days, I think.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You do, indeed, have a 14 day money-back guarantee and can cancel penalty free.

Given your situation, why didn't one of the others contract for the service in the first place?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi flycity, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you ion board with us in the Community. 

As mentioned above, in order for a Transfer of Responsibility to go ahead, the person taking over the contract will need to have been there for 6 months.

If you cancel within your 14 days Right to Cancel period then the equipment will need to be sent back to us and a new account will need to be opened by the person intending on being the account holder. During this time, there may be a gap in the services. 

I hope this gives you a little more of an insight. If you have any further questions, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out