Menu
mattjewiss
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Account not reduced as agreed

Hi not sure if anyone on here can help, but had no luck getting to the bottom of this on the phone.

Before christmas, we decided the price of our package was too high and we needed to to reduce it.

We called up and asked could anything be done? Contract had ended and we were able to leave if we wanted. However we decided to continue with internet only, no phone no TV and reduced internet speed. We were in arrears so agreed that a payment plan would be set up in order to sort this over a few months. Brilliant great service and very helpful exactly the result we wanted as the internet service is great, and a relief with Christmas coming up.

We awaited details of a payment plan but no word however it was Christmas and new years so no worrys. 

however on sunday this week our internet went down. 

Upon calling to find out what we owed we were told not only did we owe what we initially knew about we were now half way into a third billing period and needed to pay £353 in order to re establish connection. 

Bearing in mind the box has been offline in a cupboard since Dec and as far as we were aware we weren't under contract.

Id like virgin to honour what they told us originally sort out a payment plan and reduce our account.

On the phone we were offered £100 credit,  but i assume this is towards the full amount which is for services we haven't recieved? Not much help as i view this as their error. 

Can anyone help??

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account not reduced as agreed

accounts are not something the VM people can help too much with because of DPA - will flag this to at least get someone to it a bit quicker than usual [hopefully] and see what they can do

Tony
0 Kudos
mattjewiss
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks i appreciate that its very specific and personal information. Just trying to open a dialouge with the appropriate person as no luck on the phone, no email address and live chat is never available.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi mattjewiss

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the issues you have had with the account and the promise to have a payment plan.

Our Collections teams are the ones who deal with this for our customers and they are not represented on the forums in any way so if you could get in direct contact with them that would be great.

Their number is 0345 142 4444. They are open from Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and on Sat 8am-6pm

If you could contact them to see if we can support you further in this way then that would be great.

Additionally to offer any further support I can I'm going to send a pm to you on the forums that you can find in the next to your forum name.

If you could get back to me on this, that would be great Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos