Menu
sbrown342
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Account name change

Hi All

Our housemate is leaving and our wifi is in her name.
We've been abvised that switching the account to one of our names would mean we start a new contract which would be for a minimum of one year; this is a problem because we will only be in the house for 7 months (and no we don't want to take it with us when we move).
Do we have any options available to us apart from the above??
If not we will have to leave Virgin

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: If we change the name on our wifi account but keep the same address will it start a new contract?

nowtv combo is a 1 month contract, infact virgin do 1 month contracts now so i think retentions could help

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: If we change the name on our wifi account but keep the same address will it start a new contract?

If you leave virgin what other provider will you go to?

0 Kudos
sbrown342
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There are a couple of companies that do monthly rolling contracts so we will go to one of those
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Really? that would be useful to know. Who are they. We often move around for months at a time for work.
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cant you just not change the name and pay your ex flatmate
0 Kudos
sbrown342
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I wish!
Not an option given to us by them, they want it changed over
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

you seem to have little option if they will not continure it. As it is there contact they have the right to cancel it if you do not want you to use it in there name. The TOR starts a new contract with the new person.

only options you have then
1) call retentions and see what they can do if they can change the name for a 7 month contract.
2) take the new contract and pay the EDF at the end.
3) cancel and see if you can find an ISP that can give you 6-7 month contract. (Hometelecom might be able to do this)

0 Kudos
sbrown342
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

Yeah it's not an ideal situation, I'll try retentions and see if they'll do a shorter contract, we've been with Virgin for two years so would think they'd help but I won't hold my hopes too high!
If not I'll check out hometelecom

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

nowtv combo is a 1 month contract, infact virgin do 1 month contracts now so i think retentions could help