Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8 (211 Views)

Account disconnected

I am a bit worried now.

I received an email today about my new installation which had the incorrect install date (28/04/2017) as I had to change it because I am due to go into hospital for chemotherapy treatment. I called a few days ago to get a new install date of the (25/04/2017) which was all showing on my order tracking.

So today after getting the email I logged in to double check that the new date was correct but now nothing is being listed. All it states on my account profile is "Account disconnected". You have 90 days, blah, blah

There is nothing in the order tracking or the packages everything is gone!!.

So I just called through to the installation team and spoke to a nice lady but she has not been able to confirm if the installation is going to go ahead and she has to send over a ticket to the I.T team (as she could not get anything up apart from my account number) this might not be answered for a couple of day's and probably won't hear anything until Tuesday.

Well my install date was going to be on Tuesday so this not really helpful to me right now and certainly don't need the stress of having to go into hospital and not even no if I am going to have telephone and broadband now.

I did call the other day to query that the flat number is not listed on my account and I wanted to double check that everything is OK with the installation as I know that there is another person who has virgin media installed in one of the other flats but I was assured that everything was OK and my order was going ahead.

I am not moving house I am a brand new customer who has never had VM installed anywhere

I am really at a loss at what to do now any advice would be great.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8 (265 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by tonyb1800
‎20-05-2017 00:08

Re: Account disconnected

Update 19/05/2017

As I stated in my first post that I know mistakes happen and that can be very frustrating at times but it is how a company fixes those problems that can count and can go a long way.

For me things have worked out well in the end and I now have my phone, internet and TV installed and everything is working great so far. "Well apart from the on-demand and catch service but I am not worried about that at the moment and there is a fix scheduled"

I have to say that the way Virgin staff have handled this situation has been wonderful and above and beyond in getting me installed and also managing to bring the install date forward so I no longer have to go into hospital for a new trial treatment and I can now have my treatment at home and it can be remotely monitored.

I want to thank those that have gone out of there way to help me, this includes Kath & Karen on the forum, Vicky from sales, Paul, one of the local guys and Chris my local area manger, plus the two guy's that came and did the install (Dave, sorry did not catch the other guys name) All of you pulled out all the stops to get a result from a pretty dire situation to getting things resolved.

I believe that credit should be given when it's due and those people deserve it for my situation, so thank you all, you get big brownie points today.

Tony 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8 (188 Views)

Small update.

After waiting overnight to see if there had been any update to my order, I have finally found out after speaking to what feels like the entire VM group.

That even though when I placed the order I clearly checked the flat number it seems that that VM is only listing the house number.

As I knew that someone else in the block of flats already had VM I triple checked via phone calls and live chat that it was going to be a new install in my flat, I thought everything would be OK. Now it seems they disconnected the person who already has VM in their flat to try and setup my install. Of course they contacted VM to say that they did not want to end with VM so it now seems that my order was cancelled hence why my account is show as "Account Disconnected" online and VM can not find my account number.

Why I was not contacted about this even though I got an install confirmation yesterday and if I had not checked the my VM website I would be none the wiser.

Now told a spotter will possibly need to be sent out to confirm there are actually flats and not just a house, even though the Post Office and Royal Mail both clearly show on their post code checker that there are Flats listed, go figure, and this can take up to 2 weeks for a spotter to come out.

I hope that the lady I spoke to this morning might able to speed this up once she has spoken to her manager.

Since I had already booked and paid for a carer (£120 for 8 hours) just encase I was not having a good day because of my health and it is non-refundable now.

Really hope I can get installed before having to go back into hospital, the internet is a bit of a lifeline for me and having to use my phone to go online is getting expensive now.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8 (182 Views)

Sorry to say not good news looks like I am going to have to wait up to 2 weeks for a spotter to come out to confirm there are flats and not just a house before any order can be put through.

Plus as an added bonus VM have taken £119.99 out of my account, the activation fee, engineer visit fee and first months payment, nice, so I am now down nearly £240 and not a lot to show for it.

At the moment can't fault the lady trying to help this time around even if communication is a bit hit and miss. 

I understand that things do go wrong and it sometimes cannot be helped, I just wish I had been contacted in the first place to tell me there was a problem and not so many different excuses. Telling me the correct information in first place would of taken a lot of stress out of the situation and I would of been better able to try and make some previsions before the weekend to possibly get something else sorted in the meantime.

We shall have to wait and see.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8 (161 Views)

Hi tonyb1800, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. it's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a hard time trying to sort out an installation Smiley Sad 

We're happy to look in to this however we will need some information from you. I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8 (155 Views)

Pm replied too.

Thanks
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8 (266 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by tonyb1800
‎20-05-2017 00:08

Update 19/05/2017

As I stated in my first post that I know mistakes happen and that can be very frustrating at times but it is how a company fixes those problems that can count and can go a long way.

For me things have worked out well in the end and I now have my phone, internet and TV installed and everything is working great so far. "Well apart from the on-demand and catch service but I am not worried about that at the moment and there is a fix scheduled"

I have to say that the way Virgin staff have handled this situation has been wonderful and above and beyond in getting me installed and also managing to bring the install date forward so I no longer have to go into hospital for a new trial treatment and I can now have my treatment at home and it can be remotely monitored.

I want to thank those that have gone out of there way to help me, this includes Kath & Karen on the forum, Vicky from sales, Paul, one of the local guys and Chris my local area manger, plus the two guy's that came and did the install (Dave, sorry did not catch the other guys name) All of you pulled out all the stops to get a result from a pretty dire situation to getting things resolved.

I believe that credit should be given when it's due and those people deserve it for my situation, so thank you all, you get big brownie points today.

Tony 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8 (124 Views)

Update 20/05/2017

Just seen that the catch up and on-demand services have now been fixed and are all working Smiley Happy

So all my services are up and running.

I hope to give a review on VM over the next few months.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8 (88 Views)

Hi Tony Smiley Happy

Thanks for your fabulous feedback!

I've passed this back to Kath, Chris, Vicky and asked that Chris pass this back to the engineers too from you.

I am super pleased to hear everything is up and running for you and I know I had emails over the weekend while I was off, keeping me in the loop about this too which was fab.

Good luck on your trials lovely and let us know if you ever need anything else.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos