Menu
mimi_n
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Account disconnected - new customer - order still showing

Hi there,

I recently placed an order with Virgin, for TV, Broadband and Phone. All good. Set up an online account, confirmed order was there, great.

However, last week I logged in to see the below message:

Account disconnected.
Your account has been disconnected. You can access your Virgin Media Mail and apps for up to 90 days after your disconnection date. Please ensure that you retrieve all important emails and files before this time.

The order tracking page still show my orders for Broadband and TV install on the 21st Jan, and phone is booked for March.

My question is, why is my account disconnected? Presumably the booked install engineer slot for Saturday 21st is still going ahead?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account disconnected - new customer - order still showing

Hi mimi_n

Thanks for taking the time to join us on the community and welcome to the forums.

I appreciate that this has not been the best experience for you and I can see you have called us to discuss this and have spoken to our teams who have advised you of the current situation.

The order has not been cancelled but there is construction work planned that needs to be scheduled and booked with the relevant permits if this is authorised that needs to take place before we can then at a later point book in the installation for you.

I understand that delays to an installation can be frustrating and thank you for your continued patience with us.

To keep up to date with this with our Construction teams you can contact them directly via 0345 045 0595 and their opening hours are Mon-Sat 8:30am-7pm.

Please keep us posted on how this goes.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
mimi_n
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sorry, which service is the Construction regarding? Please provide me with full details of the works.

My phone order is on hold due to lack of capacity.

TV and Broadband got rescheduled for Feb since I was told the necessary works for the TV/BB cables had been done. (we saw an engineer installing amplifiers in the pit, and we already have the necessary ducting and tees in the footway)

Please advise.
0 Kudos
mimi_n
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh and please advise if my install can be moved forward. As I was meant to install on 21st, it was delayed on the 18th, and then on the 19th I had a call to book it in. The earliest they could give was 17th Feb as my 21st slow was gone!!

I'm lead to believe all the relevant works have been carried out. Please advise as a matter of urgency.
0 Kudos
mimi_n
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Constructions said there's no work pending, only my rescheduled install.

Which by the way, has VANISHED AGAIN.

40 minutes waiting to speak to pre install and none the wiser. Just what are you playing at? Is this the sort of experience you want your new customers to be faced with?

I suggest you get an Area Manager to visit my property to explain what the problem is this time.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mimi_n

I am sorry to hear that you have been unable to get through to one of our teams Smiley Sad

I have checked and can see that you have the earliest date we can provide for the installation. Current dates available in your area are now into April.

I have found out the reasons why the installation information is not showing on your My Virgin Media online account. This was due to an admin issue on our database meaning your email is linking to the previous account we tried unsuccessfully raising for you at this address last year. Because the email is still linked to that old account where no active services or requests are connected to, this is why when you log in to My Virgin Media, you would not be seeing anything relevant to your new account number i.e. install dates, pending charges etc.

I have requested that the email be transferred to your new account as your My Virgin Media sign in and you should get an email from us to confirm this activation.

If you could follow the steps on this to activate your email against the current account then you will then see the active information relevant to the install

If you could keep in touch if you have any issues with this then we will do our best to support you with this further.

Kind regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos