Menu
Holtyyy
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Account disconnected by mistake

Earlier this month I called Virgin customer relations team and reduced my package with them.

The lady I spoke to on the phone was very helpful and assured me she had just removed the phone and TV from my package and I would keep my account open with just the broadband on a new 12 month contract.

Yesterday morning I noticed that when the channels went off with the phone, So did my broadband.

I called up Virgin Customer Relations and they said that unfortunately my account has been disconnected completely by mistake and that they would reconnect it for me with just the broadband, as requested when I first called.

The problem I have is that they said because the account was fully disconnected in error, For them to reconnect this it, It will take 3 days. It's really frustrating that I am now without broadband for 3 days through no fault of my own.

I did ask if there was any way this could be sped up because of the circumstance and the error being on virgins side, not mine. I was told there is nothing that can be done to speed this up.

Anyone else had anything similar ? Just wondering if it will in fact, Take 3 days to come back on.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Account disconnected by mistake

Hi Holtyyy

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the disconnection error, and for dropping by with your post.

My apologies this happened to you Smiley Sad

I can see that the reconnection has completed and the services are live again for you. The reconnection process in the event of this kind of error can take up to 72 hours for a reconnection to process. I appreciate that has inconvenient you.

I'm sending a pm to you to offer some further support with this and if you could get back in touch with me on this, that would be fab Smiley Happy

You can find this in the next to your forum name on the top right.

If there is anything else you need us to look into, just pop back and let us know.

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Holtyyy

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the disconnection error, and for dropping by with your post.

My apologies this happened to you Smiley Sad

I can see that the reconnection has completed and the services are live again for you. The reconnection process in the event of this kind of error can take up to 72 hours for a reconnection to process. I appreciate that has inconvenient you.

I'm sending a pm to you to offer some further support with this and if you could get back in touch with me on this, that would be fab Smiley Happy

You can find this in the next to your forum name on the top right.

If there is anything else you need us to look into, just pop back and let us know.

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Holtyyy
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have been busy with work and not had chance to check my emails for a while.

The account is all back on and working, Thanks for your help with that.

The only thing I have a problem with now is that when I originally called up and spoken to Customer Relations I was told that my new broadband 12 month contract would be around £45. I have just received a letter from Virgin and it says they are going to be now charging me something like £56 a month and not the price originally agreed when I changed my package over the phone.

I have replied to your PM.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Holtyyy

Thanks for getting back in touch with us about that.

I can see what the situation is with this and this would require a call to us to amend this as it does need security to be cleared to arrange this with you.

If you get a chance it would be great if you could get in touch with our teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 where they can look at updating this for you Smiley Happy

I'll check back in with you on your PM too Smiley Happy

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Jsharpe
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I seem to be having the same problem, only joined Virgin a week ago just got first bill which was wrong so had to sort it, paid it today even though it wasn't due to be paid for another week and then tonight everything stopped working no phone broadband or tv and cannot contact them until tomorrow not a good start beginning to feel maybe I should not have moved to Virgin
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jsharpe

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the issues with your billing Smiley Sad

I am sorry to hear this caused you any inconvenience. I appreciate you taking the time to join us on the forums and welcome to the community.

Can you let us know if you were able to get this sorted with the teams?

If you've not yet had a chance to call the teams then please get in touch with them via 0345 454 1111 or on 150.

You can also contact them via Webchat

Please let us know if we can support you in any other way. Billing queries will always have to be dealt with via the teams in the ways mentioned due to the necessary security we have to clear with our customers to ensure we are protecting your data.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos