Menu
Ivothegame
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Account disconnected 8 days before

Hi guys,
I ended my account with Virgin since I will move out from the country.
I paid my last bill 13 of December (with a billing period from the 11/12/2016 until the 10/01/2017) but yesterday they deactivated already my account and I don't have any line at all...
Wasn't I suppose to have line until the 10/01???
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account disconnected 8 days before

Hi Ivothegame,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you have decided to leave Virgin Media. 

When you give your 30 days notice to disconnect, the account will continue as normal until the disconnection date. This means your billing cycle will also continue as normal. 

On your disconnection date the services will stop and a final bill will be produced a few days later. This will include any refunds, adjustments and charges. If the overall amount shows as a charge, you'll need to make this payment via a credit or debit card as soon as possible. If there is a refund showing then we will send you a cheque for that amount. 

As well as the final bill, you will receive some packaging to return any equipment you have. There will be instructions on how you can return this to us in the pack. 

I hope this helps explain things a little more. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ivothegame
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I know this.
But they just disconnect my account 8 days before.
When I called your number 4 different operators didn't have any idea of how it happened.
The last one promise me to fix it in 24 hours but nothing...
I hope I will have a refund.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ivothegame

I am very sorry that the disconnection was processed 8 days earlier than you expected.

Once this has taken place then a refund is applied back to the account so you would not have paid for services beyond that point even though the original disconnect was booked for the 10th.

If there's any issues with your final bill which you will receive shortly from us then please let our teams know and they can look into this for you further via Webchat. They can be contacted if you are using a pc or laptop but not via a mobile device or tablet.

Their UK time opening hours are

Day                   Open   Close

Monday           8am     8pm

Tuesday          8am     8pm

Wednesday    8am    8pm

Thursday        8am     8pm

Friday               8am     8pm

Saturday         9am     5pm

Sunday           Closed

Keep us posted if you need anything else Smiley Happy

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos