Menu
supermiff
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Account Upgrade Error

Ok so I recently opted to get info about the new Virgin box as my TiVo box is really starting to suck. Constantly freezing up and running extremely slow. I recently got the email saying that the box was now available and that I could look at the upgrade details by going to the upgrades section however, like many others, all I got was the dumb " we are unable to make changes to your account online, please call yatayata etc" screen. I hate call centres so forgot about it. Anyways, I received an email about an account upgrade and thinking it was something to do with the new TV box I clicked the link in the email and just like that without even signing in to my account I had opted in to something called Vivid 200 gamer which costs another 6.50 a month and the only upgrade it seems to offer is a slightly higher upload speed and the removal of bandwidth restrictions. Neither of these really affect me so I wanted to make sure that this account upgrade and renewal of yet another 12 month contract will also include the new TV box. If so I'm happy to upgrade as my TiVo is becoming super annoying but if it does not include the box I want to cancel this upgrade and leave myself in my current "out of contract" state as the extra money it will cost me over the year would be better put towards buying the new box, details of which I cannot see as my top tier package is "unable to upgrade online", which by the way is extremely annoying and needs fixing. Please could a staff member look into this for me as I don't do call centres and cannot for the life of me find an accounts email address to message. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account Upgrade Error

Hi supermiff,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue trying to access the My Offers page. 

As you are getting an error on there, it's more than likely you have a loyalty discount on your account. Most loyalty discounts come with a term that aren't allowed to be used in conjunction with another offer. 

The My Offers page, bases the prices against what you pay now. If you go through with an offer, the discount gets taken off and you end up with a higher bill than you wanted or agreed to. 

With regards to upgrade offers received via email, if your browser settings remember your My VM details, it's possible this is why it didn't ask you to log in. It would have needed you to confirm on a few pages about any upgrade before it was accepted though. 

I know you've mentioned you don't really want to but give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 as they can take a look at things by going through your package to see what you have, what you want and what we can do to make it possible Smiley Happy  

Let us know how you get on. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos