Menu
muzzzzy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Account Sales Call

Just for the Record !

Recieved a sales call from Virgin today telling me i was going to have a new telephone line and virgin media tv box and 200mb broadband and also this was going to be costing me a pound less than i currently pay.

Problem is this guy did not appear to take no for an answer and despite being very direct with him i am unsure if he got the message despite my protests. Currently i only have broadband only which due to the poor speed i am recieving i certainly do not want any further services until sorted.

I am also fully aware that when these deals run out i will be paying much more.

Are Virgin now resorting to high pressure sales ? If something changes on my account then Watchdog will be my next stop! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account Sales Call

hiya @muzzzzy I would be checking online e.g. -> https://my.virginmedia.com/discover/welcome/get-ready/track-order to make sure no orders have been put on your account, as for the pressure sales tactics there is laws against that (cant say exactly what they are off hand)..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
muzzzzy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that no changes so far.

Probably not really high pressure sales but he just went on and on about my new virgin box and tv line and seemed to ignore the fact that i repeatedly said no. When i came off the phone i began to wonder if he just didnt go ahead anyway as he certainly was not interested in anything i was saying.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi muzzzzy, 

Thanks for your post and I'm really sorry to hear about the sales call you had. This isn't the usual experience we hear about and definitely not the way we like to handle things Smiley Sad 

If you do notice any changes on your account, please let me know right away. I'll be happy to look into things for you. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos