Menu
citizenthompson
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Account Number

I've no account number. I've never had a welcome pack or any paper / electronic bills, only a letter confirming direct debit and texts from installation engineers. There is nothing in my bank statement about an account number either.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Account Number

Hi citizenthompson

Thanks for getting back to Michael with your details Smiley Happy

We've requested that the details you need from us be set to you via the post as we do when we resend secure details to our customers like those requested. You should get this in the next 3-5 days.

If you log onto your bank online on their full site they should have the Direct Debit originator ID displayed next to the reference for Virgin Media Payments Limited. This will be made up of either your area reference- account number for Virgin Media and statement code, or just the account number and statement code.

I can tell you your area reference is 31. You can get the account number form your DD originator ID.

It should display like this example I have included of a made up account number for Virgin Media, one I know we would never issue to a new customer:

31-123456789-001

Or if there’s no Site ID included it would look like this.

123456789-001

Please note there may not be a hyphen there when you check, I have included this to separate the Site ID, the account number and the statement code. When I checked my personal account to find out how mine displayed online I didn’t have the site ID included in my reference but I know from my time on Customer care when customers confirmed theirs to me, they did, so different banks may operate differently when it comes to ID’s

Knowing where to find this on your bank statement may help you get a hold of this from your details.

If not you will get this via the post in the next 3-5 days.

Thanks again!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi citizenthompson and welcome to the forum,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received any account details from us.

I'll drop you a private line shortly to get some more info from you. Just click the small envelope icon to the top right.

Thanks, 

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi citizenthompson

Thanks for getting back to Michael with your details Smiley Happy

We've requested that the details you need from us be set to you via the post as we do when we resend secure details to our customers like those requested. You should get this in the next 3-5 days.

If you log onto your bank online on their full site they should have the Direct Debit originator ID displayed next to the reference for Virgin Media Payments Limited. This will be made up of either your area reference- account number for Virgin Media and statement code, or just the account number and statement code.

I can tell you your area reference is 31. You can get the account number form your DD originator ID.

It should display like this example I have included of a made up account number for Virgin Media, one I know we would never issue to a new customer:

31-123456789-001

Or if there’s no Site ID included it would look like this.

123456789-001

Please note there may not be a hyphen there when you check, I have included this to separate the Site ID, the account number and the statement code. When I checked my personal account to find out how mine displayed online I didn’t have the site ID included in my reference but I know from my time on Customer care when customers confirmed theirs to me, they did, so different banks may operate differently when it comes to ID’s

Knowing where to find this on your bank statement may help you get a hold of this from your details.

If not you will get this via the post in the next 3-5 days.

Thanks again!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

citizenthompson
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank-you Karen. I checked my bank following your method of finding the account number and I can now access my account at virginmedia.com

0 Kudos