Menu
Nimrud
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Account Holder Gone - Need to Renegotiate

My daughter's partner (the account holder) has moved out and stopped paying VM so they have already cut the household off.  The contract still has 6 months or so to run, but she cannot afford what he was paying and the reconnection charge.  As usual in these cases getting his signature on anything is next to impossible

What she'd like to happen is that the current contract ends and they deal with him over it.  She would then like to start up a new contract for broadband only as she has no need for land line or TV.

Has anyone any advice on the best way to make this happen without too big a gap in broadband service?  

She thought of moving providers, but I guess VM would not release the code to do it until the contract period is up?  Also finding a broadband only service from anyone else seems impossible.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account Holder Gone - Need to Renegotiate

Nimrud wrote:

My daughter's partner (the account holder) has moved out and stopped paying VM so they have already cut the household off.  The contract still has 6 months or so to run, but she cannot afford what he was paying and the reconnection charge.  As usual in these cases getting his signature on anything is next to impossible

What she'd like to happen is that the current contract ends and they deal with him over it.  She would then like to start up a new contract for broadband only as she has no need for land line or TV.

That's what the "Transfer of Responsibility 'gone away' " process is for. The person still living at the property can either get the account closed and start a new on in their own name. Or have the account become theirs and they be able to change up as they like. There's no need to get a signature from the absent account holder.

Pop a call into 0345 454 1111 -> Option 1 -> When prompted for details, either key them in if you know them. Or if you don't, key nothing in, after two prompts it will let you into the main menu. Go with Option 4 -> Option 5. Do so between 8AM to 8PM M-F and 8AM to 6PM Sa. Make the request regarding how you want the account dealt with.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos