Menu
PhilLFC85
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely Furious With Virgin Media

So here goes. 

I signed up for Virgin Media`s highest TV Package with 3 V6 Boxes all sports and movies with 200MB Broadband on the 4th February. HAPPY DAYS..... FAR FROM IT!!!

Informed Virgin when i signed up that i had no grid outside my home and they said it would be investigated and inserted before my install date (18th February) this DID NOT HAPPEN. I had cancelled my Talk Talk to co-inside with the installation so now I have no TV,Phone or Internet.

Installation re-scheduled for 27th February. Second set of engineers arrive to do my install, install cancelled and rescheduled for 21st March. Your never going to guess what happened next, yes you guessed it, installation cancelled again. 

I was then advised that Kelly`s who do work on behalf of Virgin have no permit to work in Liverpool and the install is re-scheduled for 18th April.

Now i spoke to the construction team last week and they informed me the permit situation has been resolved and the works should be carried out today (the day i rang) or tomorrow, 1 week later still no work been done. I have called them today and was on the phone for a total of 4 hours 27 minutes getting threw back and forth from pre-install team to construction team and back again, i was either speaking to arrogant people or foreign people who could not understand a word i said.

Basically i have been told today that the work has been completed and my install will go ahead on the 18th April, this is while i am stood at my garden gate looking at lone behold no grid in the floor.

what am i supposed to do if i just keep getting fobbed off by everyone i speak too because i have had enough now its costs me almost £600 on phone top ups for the kids phones since the 18th February this cannot go on and i need to speak to someone who can sort this out as its getting beyond a joke now.

Sorry for the rant i just have no idea where to go with this any more as no one seems to be helping at all.

0 Kudos
PhilLFC85
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Absolutely Furious With Virgin Media

anyone able to help me with any pointers on what i can do here, called multiple times since posting this and still getting the same responses no help at all
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi PhilFC85

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about the installation journey you have had with us and my apologies it has not been a great one so far Smiley Sad

I think given what you have mentioned above that we need to be emailing the area managers here to advise of the situation and if you could pop back to me on a private message for me to do this that would be fab.

If you could send a private message to me with your name and full address I can then flag this to the teams for you and will get back to you as soon as I can with their updates.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm what we have done for you and what to expect next Smiley Happy

Thanks again and speak soon!

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
PhilLFC85
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

thanks karen, is there any update on this i pm`d you the other day.

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi there PhilLFC85,

I've responded to your private mail sent to Karen as she is currently away from the office at the moment.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi PhilFC85

Many thanks for taking the time to get back in touch with us about the work needed to connect you as a customer with us.

I've just spoken to the construction team and they are looping me into the communications on this to see if this is going to be resolved before the installation date you have pending currently.

I appreciate this has been a delay to you and have checked into this with them to find out the root cause of this this morning. The delays to works is due to an embargo the Local Authority have laid upon us and this can be checked with your local council, which is limiting the works we are allowed to do for our customers. We are able to maintain services for customers but new works needed including the works needed for your installation are being blocked at the moment.

I have asked that this be chased and that I be copied into this to see if we can get a concrete answer as to whether they are going to allow this work to be completed for us to ensure we can get you installed.

I'll keep you posted.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
PhilLFC85
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

So basically I've been lied to by the pree install team and the construction team for the past 3 Week's after them saying it's been resolved and there now aloud to do the work again. amazing customer service that. will be going to get a quote off sky today I think as it's obviously not going to get installed on the 18th April.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil

We don't know that it's a definite no yet, that's why I'm being looped in on the construction communications for you.

I will be back in touch with you as soon as I possibly can.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Ash1952
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phill, 

We have had the same issues, but since November! 

Initially *they* said we would be connected during November, then in December we were made aware there were construction issues. We were then promised an installation and construction completion date in January. 

After numerous lies from their construction team, which we got confirmed as we were in contact with the highways agency. Finally, issued with a construction date on the 23rd march. Nobody turned up, nobody phoned us, again we had to chase up. We were issued with another construction date on Sunday (9th April), nobody has turned up. 

Tomorrow I will be chasing them up again. Virgin have left us without internet since January 28th, as we were told that we should cancel our sky due to Virgin services being installed. My son is trying to write a PhD proposal and do an online qualification, while we have all been living of data. 

I have written in twice to complain, first time, a lady called us once and never phoned again. Second time, nobody bothered to get into contact with us following the letter they send to acknowledge a complaint was received. 

I am looking to see if it is possible to get compensation via CISAS, however I am not completely sure of the process. 

0 Kudos
PhilLFC85
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

where do you live, I'm in Liverpool is this a nationwide thing or contained in Liverpool alone? I certainly think I will be going to sky for sure I can't see the work getting done before Tuesday, will be going to the papers I think if this isn't done next week throw the council and virgin out there as being well unfit for business Is how I see it.
0 Kudos