Menu
sweetthing
Up to speed
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ANNOYED

I have been with Virgin since the days of NTL, we were one of the first customers many years ago. when the business started up.  I have a home 'phone, Broadband and Virgin mobile.  I only need a landline because the Virgin Mobile signal is non-existant in the rooms at the back of the house, so I am paying £19.99 per month for something that I would not need if Virgins mobile signal was any good in the house.

I received my online landline bill and saw I was charged £4. 35 for ringing my sons mobile on a Saturday.  I have week-end calls free to UK landlines and was told when I had my landline installed that mobile numbers were also included.  When I rang yesterday and questioned the amount I was told that I was on the old package and the new package included all free UK landline calls and all mobile phone calls.  I asked why I was told originally that mobile phones were included when they were not but she could not answer the question.  Now this upgrade has come into effect ,why was I not automatically put on it, as it is under the same package, they have just amended it. The stupid thing is that the upgrade costs nothings it is just because they have amended the package.

Sick to death of being robbed blind.

I have been ringing Customer Services on and off for months trying to get a better deal and I was never, ever told about this change to week-end calls.  The young lady has now changed it for me but I still have to pay £4. 35 for ringing a mobile number on a Saturday.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ANNOYED

just to clarify how the landline cost works - there is line rental and any landline package - calls unlimited for example

if you dropped the landline package that would reduce your bill but dropping the landline all together - i.e not paying the line rental would not reduce your bill by the £19.99 or whatever it is today

whilst you are paying line rental other parts of your package are reduced in cost - dump the land line and those discounts disappear - sum total is that you bill will be about the same - the way VM work it it may even be more 

Tony
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi sweetthing

Thanks for dropping by with your post about the call charge.

I appreciate that the cost of the new package was no different to the older one but most new packages come with a new contract and we cannot presume to apply these for our customers without discussing this with you first.

It's always a good idea to contact us on a regular basis to make sure that the package you have with us is still viable for you and meets your needs as a customer with us.

I'm going to send a pm to you for me to support you a little further with this and if you could check in with us on this, that would be great Smiley Happy

You can find this in the envelope next to your forum name on the top right.

Karen

Virgin Media Forum Team

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
sweetthing
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,  since I posted this I had to ring your customer services because nothing had changed regarding being charged for week-end mobile calls.  I had been told that there was a new package which included all UK mobile phones and landlines and therefore they would upgrade my package for an extra price of £1 per month so I could make mobile UK calls and UK landlines calls at the week-end for free.

I spoke to a young man who told me that the young lady who had arranged to change my package for me had never done it.  She had altered the payment as it is £1 per month more but never completed the change over, therefore I was paying a further £1 per month for the same package I was on originally.  The young man apologised and completed the transaction so now I receive the new package.

What is so annoying is that I have a Virgin mobile package which gives me everything I want or need but I still have to pay for a landline as the signal of the mobile is so poor

I pay over £50 per month for a mobile phone, landline and broadband when in fact if the mobile signal worked in the house I would be paying £15 less if I did not have the landline.  I am 74 years old, on my own, and my sons tell me that if I went to Sky I could get everything for the price I pay you, I don't even get TV with you for the price I pay.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

just to clarify how the landline cost works - there is line rental and any landline package - calls unlimited for example

if you dropped the landline package that would reduce your bill but dropping the landline all together - i.e not paying the line rental would not reduce your bill by the £19.99 or whatever it is today

whilst you are paying line rental other parts of your package are reduced in cost - dump the land line and those discounts disappear - sum total is that you bill will be about the same - the way VM work it it may even be more 

Tony
0 Kudos
sweetthing
Up to speed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My bill before the landline was installed was £25 for Broadband only, no TV, no landline, just the internet.

I added a landline and my package increased to £43, so yes, I was paying full price for a landline.  If I have the landline taken out my Broadband for the internet would again reduce to £25.  

My point is, that because of a poor mobile phone signal, I am paying about £15 for a landline which I would not need if I had a better mobile signal.  

So what you are saying does not make sense.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

sweetthing wrote:

My bill before the landline was installed was £25 for Broadband only, no TV, no landline, just the internet.

I added a landline and my package increased to £43, so yes, I was paying full price for a landline.  If I have the landline taken out my Broadband for the internet would again reduce to £25.  

My point is, that because of a poor mobile phone signal, I am paying about £15 for a landline which I would not need if I had a better mobile signal.  

So what you are saying does not make sense.

happy to be proved wrong but what you are saying is not how it works today or not normally - if they have confirmed your figures then fine - they can and will do deals especially for new customers but the normal costing is BB + line rental is about the same for BB only 

the increase from £25 to £43 is not necessarily the line rental cost but could be the calls package - they are 2 different things

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi sweetthing

I appreciate that the mobile network in your area is not allowing you to connect via your mobile in the home.

You can check the coverage provided by EE as they provide the network we use, via this link, as well as taking a look at the other help articles on our site. Virgin Mobile Help

Once you've had a chance to double check this with our site then please pop back to us as we will get our mobile forum support guys on the case for you.

Regarding the call you made to us that was the same day I replied to you so when I checked later on when I was posting to you here you had at that time already resolved this with my colleague.

Please keep us posted regarding the network checks available on the help link above and if you need us for mobile support just let us know Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
sweetthing
Up to speed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have just checked the mobile signal on your website and it states that in my area it is Moderate.  Is there any way to boost a mobile phone signal without having to pay for some kind of unit that needs plugging in.  I have had to move bedrooms so my bedroom is now at the front of the house. I am 74 years old and if I needed a doctor in the middle of the night  when I was in the bedroom at the rear of the house I could not have used my mobile 'phone which defeats the object of having one in the first place.  When I had a Vodafone contract the signal was 100% all around the house but due to continuing errors in their billing system I decided to change to Virgin.  

That is why I have to pay have a land-line because of the poor mobile 'phone signal.

0 Kudos
sweetthing
Up to speed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No, my Broadband is £25.  The landline increased it to £43.  I have now changed the package slightly, and it is now £40.  Once they get the darned poor mobile signal sorted out which is stated as being moderate in my area, then I can get shut of the landline once and for all.  Vodafone Mobile signal was 100% all around the house inside and out.  But they caused me stress with mistakes in their billing.

Virgin mobile can only be used at the front of the house so I have had to change bedrooms from the back to the front in case I am taken ill in the middle of the night otherwise I would not have had a signal to ring my sons.  Yes, I have the land-line but I cannot remember numbers on it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi sweetthing,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that the mobile signal in your area isn't very good. 

I'd like to look into this further for you so that we can check if this is an area or mobile/SIM issue. I'll need to take more information from you so I can look into this. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos