Menu
Highlighted
Hobbes1218
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A question about bill

Hi folks, I wonder if anyone can help. My elderly mother had broadband but never used it. She received a letter from Virgin earlier in the year saying that unless she contacted them and requested a new router (if I remember rightly) her broadband would no longer work and the service would be removed. She didn't contact them. She still has TV and phone with Virgin. When I view her bill online it shows a tick next to SuperFibre 70 yet when I look at her package under My package in My upgrades and offers it says "Broadband currently not included in your package". The price she is paying is comparable to my own and I have TV, phone and broadband. It looks like she is paying for a service she is no longer receiving? If I call Virgin on 150 using her phone I assume they will not talk to me as I am not the account holder? She is too deaf to sort this out herself. Thanks for any advice.

Chris

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
mnsolihull
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: A question about bill

Call Virgin and 'be' your mother. You will need to know her security password and just tell them the problem. Or if you're feeling very honest, you could try 150 and explain that your mother is deaf, they will need to get her to let you talk on her behalf and this has worked for me as in a similar situation to you but with other organisations - never needed to do this with Virgin and don't hold out much hope with their outside UK call centre rules/tick list/ script mentality. Good luck with it as it needs sorting.
0 Kudos
mnsolihull
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I know you don't want to do this but you really have to bite the bullet and phone 150 from your mom's phone to get things started. Virgin are not proactive. I made quite a few calls on my deaf mom's behalf, explaining the situation (to other organisations - banks etc) and was handled well. Or... you can wait and hope that a Virgin person picks this up and sorts it for you. Give it a couple of days Smiley Happy
0 Kudos

All Replies
mnsolihull
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Call Virgin and 'be' your mother. You will need to know her security password and just tell them the problem. Or if you're feeling very honest, you could try 150 and explain that your mother is deaf, they will need to get her to let you talk on her behalf and this has worked for me as in a similar situation to you but with other organisations - never needed to do this with Virgin and don't hold out much hope with their outside UK call centre rules/tick list/ script mentality. Good luck with it as it needs sorting.
0 Kudos
Hobbes1218
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know I should call but I have a feeling I will be left in a very bad mood so am putting it off and trying to find help elsewhere first. If she is still paying for broadband you would think Virgin would be more proactive and have software that would find the discrepancy between the bill and the package options.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Hobbes1218
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

P.S. these situations always seem ridiculous if you know the account passwords, DoB etc. I can't call Virgin as they will know I'm not my mother (however good an actor I am) - but I could get my wife to call and be her. My mother is 92 so what hope does she have of sorting something out like this herself?
0 Kudos
mnsolihull
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I know you don't want to do this but you really have to bite the bullet and phone 150 from your mom's phone to get things started. Virgin are not proactive. I made quite a few calls on my deaf mom's behalf, explaining the situation (to other organisations - banks etc) and was handled well. Or... you can wait and hope that a Virgin person picks this up and sorts it for you. Give it a couple of days Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Hobbes1218
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know. That's what I'm hoping for. Otherwise I'll call. Groan.
0 Kudos
Hobbes1218
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm yet to contact Virgin but I noticed a credit on my mother's bill this month for £20 and they have removed the SuperFibre 70. Great - but they removed the service at the end of April so why don't they credit her for the full period. Also the billing period on her current bill is 29 Oct - 24 Dec. The previous bill has 25 Oct - 24 Nov. Weird! I suppose I'll have to call.
0 Kudos